Winock is a mission-driven social impact organization committed to uplifting micro-businesses in Nigeria through the provision of affordable services that are essential for these businesses to grow & thrive. Through our subsidiaries we provide Cash loans, and Solar equipment & Financing for micro businesses at affordable rates. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements.
- Ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the Banking and Finance sector/industry.
- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the CEO& Board.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the organization, subsidiaries and Board
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Administration – Measures effectiveness in planning, organizing and efficiently handling activities and eliminating unnecessary activities
- Turn-around time on assigned task.
- Communication – Measures effectiveness in listening to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing and providing relevant and timely information to management, and members of staff.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Measures effectiveness in understanding problems and making timely, practical decisions.
- LLB Degree and Barrister at Law qualification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is essential
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of corporate law.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 22nd March, 2022.