Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, WfWI has served over 500,000 women in 8 conflict-affected countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. Since 2002, we have worked with over 20,000 men worldwide to support women’s rights and gender equality. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Finance Assistant
Reports To: Program Coordinator
- The HR/Finance Assistant will provide human resource/administrative support and assist with financial management and logistical transactions to ensure smooth running of the office and effective operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure an accurate and up to date filing system for the Bauchi office.
- Respond to maintenance requests and work closely with the HR/Administrative Manager on administrative tasks with regard to office utilities (such as water, electricity, garbage collection etc.).
- Maintain a communication board to ensure staff communications (CD notices, Holiday schedule etc.) are posted/removed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the daily work of the office cleaner to ensure a clean and organized work environment.
- Maintain the office & vehicle fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Assist in organizing meetings and conferences; take meeting minutes as requested.
- Assist with the collation of CVs (hard copy) for the recruitment of new employees.
- Assist with the new hire orientation process; preparing the new hire schedule and coordinating with relevant staff.
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Assist with maintenance of the Employee Handbook to ensure employee compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files.
- Assist with HR data management including; coordinating documentation and filing of updates to emergency contact information, address changes, dependent information, marital status etc.
- Assist with review and tracking of all leave recorded, approval and filing.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee personal data.
- Ensure the Code of Conduct and Whistleblower Acknowledgments are signed annually.
Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Coordinate the Annual Performance Management Process; including distribution and collection of documents, scheduling meetings, tracking and reviewing forms as they are received.
- Mange employee leave; to include, responding to requests for leave balances, advising staff on the procedures for taking leave, following up on required documentation for taking leave or returning from leave, maintaining an accurate record of all leave and ensuring the leave trackers are updated monthly, ensuring leave requests are filed in the personnel files, ensuring leave carry over balances are communicated at the end of each calendar year.
- Assist with writing and updating job descriptions as directed.
- Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
- Prepare and review the monthly payroll as requested.
- Prepare and review final pay statements for staff that are terminating.
General Accounting/Financial Management and Reporting:
- Manage the office petty cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reports in the required Women for Women International format.
- Assist with preparing payments for vendors/contractors for goods and services received.
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system including but not limited to; bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoice and payroll records.
- Assist with ensuring that the internal control procedures and donor regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate back up for US – A133 compliance.
- The Finance Assistance will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is expected to act with utmost discretion and integrity.
Assistance with Logistics:
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Accountant with the maintenance of inventory and controls for the Bauchi office fixed assets (i.e., such as vehicles, furniture and computer equipment). Maintain and update the inventory list and depreciation schedule for fixed assets.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Finance, Accounting, Business administration
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in Human Resources and Finance.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation and email along with data entry experience, familiarity with an accounting software is desirable
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Finance Assistance will be held to the highest ethical standards.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities;
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: [email protected] Please specify “HR/Finance Assistant” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 25th March, 2020
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.