Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors. Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Analyst – Upstream Oil & Gas
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Upstream Oil & Gas team in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Our dedicated oil and gas sector teams are located around the world and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets.
- Together, we work with a range of clients including national and major oil companies, operators, investment banks and institutional investors.
About the Role:
- As part of a world-class team of industry experts, you will quickly become adept at valuing oil and gas assets and understand the key issues that inform that valuation.
- You will also form opinions on the impact of the energy transition, corporate strategies, business environment, exploration, M&A deals, petroleum economics, government energy policy and regional geopolitics, leveraging our data analytics.
- Through meetings in Abuja, Lagos and the wider West Africa region, you will build relationships with senior contacts at key companies and bodies.
- You will develop a unique perspective and understanding of the region’s oil and gas industry.
- Your knowledge will be highly valued by Wood Mackenzie’s clients, with whom you will share your insight via industry-leading written reports, economic models and presentations.
- Your contributions will be influential from the beginning.
- You will be in demand and be able to make a difference as we value high levels of client contact and pride ourselves in answering their questions.
About you and how you can excel in this role:
- You are passionate about upstream oil and gas and have built an in-depth understanding of the energy sector in your current or previous roles in the sector.
- You have an analytical, commercial mindset and an eye for detail.
- You also understand the big picture, which enables you to analyse and form clear, coherent conclusions from a variety of data and information.
- You are able to communicate complex or technical information and deliver messages that are easily understood.
- You thrive in a collaborative, commercial and client-centric environment.
- You are a self-starter, able to take the initiative and work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You have a proven track record of fostering strong working relationships and influencing stakeholders by articulating your views in a clear and concise manner.
- The way in which you work is productive and driven, striving to be best in class. You often share ideas and find better ways of working.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.