Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Male Archivist
- Responsible for records management and archive conservation; assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing valuable collections of records/ files.
- Manage the archive.
- Catalogue collections and manage information and records.
- Respond to personal, telephone, email and written enquiries from members of the public and other users.
- Reserve records as necessary.
- Sort file according to ranges.
- Put documents into files and update checklist as the need arises
- Monitor and track in-coming and outgoing files.
- Ensure files contain the necessary documents.
- Physically confirm number of files in archive periodically.
- Advise users on how best to access, use and interpret archives, often through internal training courses.
- Facilitate remote access by maintaining user-friendly, computer-aided search systems.
- Facilitate training sessions on archival procedures.
- Identify ways of protecting and preserving records/documents.
- Advise on the ongoing organisation and storage of material in order to encourage WFMC to plan for the future.
- Evaluate, select, retrieve and arrange materials/ documents.
- Answer enquiries relating to archive and documents.
- Record the collection and return of employee staff file
- Ensure information in staff files are not misplaced
- Evaluate records for preservation and retention (some may be fragile and need careful handling, repair or conservation).
- Arrange the acquisition and retrieval of records.
- Prepare record-keeping systems and procedures for archive, research and for the retention or destruction of records.
- Provide reference services for users needing archived documents.
- Must be an OND holder in Library Science, Information Science or a related course.
- Must be a Male
- Must have done his industrial training (IT) in a standard library or archive.
- Investigative Skills
- Quality Assurance
- Records Management
- Tenacity: Basic
- Flexibility and Adaptability.
- Reliability: Intermediate
- Communication: Basic – Advanced
- Initiative: Basic: Advanced
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] the Subject of the mail should be “Archivist”.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that this role is for OND holders who have completed their industrial training (IT)
Application Deadline: 13th October, 2017.