World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: NPO (Human Resources)
Ref. ID: 1804384
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 12 Months
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the Management Administrative Cluster is to support all Clusters in WCO, Zonal and State offices in Nigeria to enable WHO support national authorities to provide high quality services that will contribute to:
- The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
- The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Update information on all staff members, types of contracts and locations on monthly basis to ensure accuracy of information;
- Timely initiate HRAPs for reassignments/redeployments/terminations and extensions of short-term and fixed term appointments at least 3 months before the expiry date ensuring that performance evaluation reports for staff are concluded and medical clearances are received timely;
- Manage issuance of administrative documents i.e. ID Cards. Assist all staff to complete BSTF and ASITF training, update of staff list at the UN Dispensary; 8. Perform any other related duties/responsibilities as required.
- Perform the administration and operational requirements of all selection and recruitment formalities for fixed and short-term staff in the professional and general services categories including drafting vacancy notices; advise and assist technical staff in the preparation of submissions for Selection for approval; ensure all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff are made appropriately; and oversee the recruitment process and selections process;
- Carry out pre -recruitment and onboarding formalities are carried out in timely manner and in according with rules and regulations;
- Review post descriptions for new, vacant or revised positions against existing post descriptions; identifies changes to the post descriptions, bringing major changes to the attention of the HR Officer. Review requests for reclassification of General Service posts by preparing background documentation for action by the HR Officer;
- Act as focal point for Staff Development and Learning activities and programs i.e. initiation and coordination of trainings, orientations, briefings of staff members in WCO, NGA;
- Essential: First University Degree in Business or Public Administration/Human Resource Management.
- Desirable: Advanced degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
- Essential: At least 1 years of experience in Human Resources Management in the private sector or Government.
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN Agencies and/or NGOs is an advantage
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures especially regarding recruitments
- Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel supplemented by GSM and reporting writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations with people of different nationalities at various levels
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th September, 2018
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.