Posted on :
13 Sep, 2010
13 Sep, 2010
This position is a key member of the senior management team of the MIPs project and has pivotal responsibility as the Corporate Head of Department for Contracts & Procurement in Nigeria. The MIPs project is a program of projects for ExxonMobil’s Nigerian entity Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), consisting of new offshore platforms, revamp of existing platforms, replacing numerous subsea pipelines, and substantial onshore works, including pipeline shore crossings.
DeltaAfrik is WorleyParsons local JV partner in Nigeria and this role is based in the project office in Lagos, Nigeria.
* Managing a department of approximately 60 staff (both expatriate and nationals), requires a seasoned professional familiar with the challenges and rewards of a culturally complex environment. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a solid track record of delivering results, in a demanding megaproject environment.
* As with top tier senior level postings, the rewards for the right person who delivers the correct results – are excellent. With great reward comes great demand and for a Contracts and Procurement professionnal this is an ideal posting to cement their career as one of those whose skills will be constantly sought after.
* Nigeria is not a luxury posting, and comes with an attractive suite of hardship allowances. This job is not for anyone who likes perfection 100% of the time. You have to be able to think on your feet, improvise and problem solve ‘on the run.’
* All WorleyParsons procedures, processes and systems are in place and are used, but the environment demands creativity and lateral thinking on a daily basis.
* Demonstrated large team management skill. Contracts & Procurement includes approximately 60 project and corporate legal, contracts, subcontracts, purchasing, and material management team members. The Contracts & Procurement Manager must not only be a solid professional but must also be able to effectively deal with staff and staffing issues for both expatriate and local national staff .
* Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills. A very significant responsibility of this position is to accelerate the “Nigerianization” of Contracts & Procurement Team. This requires significant input to the Skills Gap Analysis & Individual Development Plan being drawn up for all local staff.
* Previous experience in a hardship location is preferred.
* At least 3 years experience guiding contracts and procurement matters on a large project (>US$1(B))
* At least 5 years recent oil & gas experience. Experience with offshore facility would be very beneficial.
* At least 15 years overall contracts and procurement (purchasing and subcontracting) experience.
* A good background in contract formation. Purchase order and subcontract documents regularly require update and the Contracts & Procurement Manager is key in providing staff guidance on documents formation and integration.
* Experience in developing and implementing contracts and procurement policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with business process analysis and improvement (focussed on contracts and procurement processes).
* Demonstrated client relations and prime contract management skill
* Familiarity with WorleyParsons system, procedures and corporate culture are very desirable.