Posted on :
13 Sep, 2010
WorleyParsons Limited (WOR) is a provider of professional services to the energy, resource and infrastructure industries. WOR offers a range of services including feasibility studies, design, project services, upgrade services and maintenance services. WOR uses an alliance based approach to provide services for a significant proportion of the company’s contracts.
Head Of Piping Department
· To carry out the Technical Integrity role for the Piping discipline
· To ensure all design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner
· To ensure all design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the client, or to agreed industry standards.
· To supervise and co-ordinate all Piping Engineers working in the Piping discipline group.
· To develop and maintain a quality design threshold for the Piping discipline through use of understandable quality procedures
· To ensure all Piping work is carried out within established budgets and schedules
Familiar with following Piping softwares:
· Caesar II
· Fluid Flow
· The overall supervision of the Piping discipline work
· Technical direction, advice and control of the Piping work.
Liaison with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes & standards
· Scope definition, estimation and progress control of the Piping engineering activities
· Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Engineering Manager
· Co-ordination of Piping engineering modelling, design and drafting activities
· Experienced with current industry software standards including Piping simulation
· Liaison with other discipline Lead engineers on technical issues and engineering matters.
· Assisting asset/client Lead Project Engineers in the definition of the Piping engineering work in any project, design approach and criteria, procedures for engineering work and timely production of deliverables
· Co-ordination and preparation of input to Essential Piping Documents, as defined by the client/ contract. Where responsibility for update of the Master Documents is handed to the Lead Process Engineer, procedures shall be put in place to maintain document integrity.
· Training and development of national reports.
· Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system.
· Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
· Academic Qualifications
· Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) or equivalent
· Professional Qualifications
· Chartered Engineer (or equivalent) or Member of Appropriate Engineering Institution
· 10 years minimum experience in Offshore & Onshore Oil & Gas
· High level of computer literacy
· Good knowledge of process Piping packages such as Caesar II or Fluid Pro·
· Proven leadership skills.