WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
WorleyParsons extensive experience ensures that we provide project solutions with the lowest total lifecycle cost while meeting each customer’s specific requirements. Our services go beyond new developments, to supporting operating assets through delivering brownfields projects which maintain asset integrity and improve business performance. By treating asset services as a specific business stream, WorleyParsons provides systems and work processes to deliver these projects effectively.
WorleyParsons is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Ref No: LAG001J
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and quality is acceptable. Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned personnel. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise..
- Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action as necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends training and development for assigned personnel.
- Helps to define discipline design organization and participation on a project, including scope of work, design criteria, schedules, standards, and procedures.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Provides technical direction, making decisions and/or obtaining additional technical staff assistance as the situation warrants. This may include obtaining the services of consultants.
- Promotes technical excellence on the project, including furthering the Quality Improvement Process.
- Ensures that adequate checking is performed in accordance with discipline checking policy and procedures.
- Ensures that discipline design work is coordinated with project staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and frequent communications.
- Advises engineering and project management regarding any problem areas, staffing requirements, delays in production, scope changes, or other events, which could effect project completion and/or profitability.
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions, deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
Industry Specific Experience:
- 10 – 12 years industry specific experience.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering or related field
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2014
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online