WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Engineer – Boats
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Mid: Senior level
About the Job:
- This is a permanent position with full benefits and the role will be based in Nigeria.
- We want candidates with experience in boat engines such as Yamaha, Suzuki, Mercury and Jet ski operations, repair, or maintenance.
- The Marine Engineer (Boats) will be responsible for designing and overseeing the testing, installation,maintenance and repair of marine apparatus and equipment. The Marine Engineer will also be responsible for on-boarding and maintaining systems such as; Steering or control systems, Boat Propulsion systems, Mechanical and electrical systems within any of the company boats.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Check, test, and maintain all company marine engines (Yamaha / Mercury / Suzuki).
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on company boats and jetskis.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to ensure that everything is working e.g. depth finder is working/music system is working/engines are working.
- Schedule machine overhauls and the servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, and sewage systems.
- Supervise other engineers and crewmembers, and train them for routine and emergency duties and supervise all scheduled maintenance with boat dealers.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Help procure materials needed to repair marine equipment and machinery.
- Act as liaisons between boat captains and shore personnel in order to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that boats are operated safely and efficiently.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Perform monitoring activities in order to ensure that boats comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution preventatives.
- Maintain records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering
- Should have solid experience as a Marine Engineer.
- Must have relevant Professional Engineering License/Certification.
- Experience with Design Software such as AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, & SOLIDWORKS.
- Sound Knowledge of Maritime Software such as HMI and PLC Control Systems.
- Familiarity with Maritime HM&E Systems & Naval Construction Processes.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.