WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world.
WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Well Engineer (HPHT)
Overall Purpose of the Job
- A drilling engineer develops, plans, costs and supervises the operations necessary for drilling oil and gas HPHT wells.
- Promote HSE awareness and ensure site specific HSE requirements are met.
- Ensure that overall well objectives are achieved within the budgeted time and cost.
- Audit and assist drilling service contractors to improve on performance quality
- Ability to contribute effectively in company HSSE programs & systems. Promote active use of the SHIC system and ensure strict compliance with HSSE-MS manual.
- Work closely with the well construction team in the preparation of detailed and executable Drilling program / AFE cost in the asset. Closeout on Drilling End Of Well Report two weeks after well is completed.
- Liaise, communicate and interface with relevant internal and external parties to ensure that the drilling operation is carried-out out as per approved plan.
- Keep track of depth time curve and current daily costs, comparing actual costs with expenditure proposals and recommending cost-effective changes.
- Plan, coordinate and perform on-site rig inspections, acceptance test on contracted drilling rigs and third party equipment, materials and supplies to be in compliance with SEPLAT’s safety standards.
- Develop detailed well construction risk register and maintain live throughout execution phase.
- Participate in the technical and commercial evaluations of all drilling equipment and associated services contracts with NPDC or NAPIMS to support the delivery of the technical work program.
- Closely monitor drilling service contract execution in the asset to ensure timely delivery of POs, WCCs and invoices required for well cost recovery with NPDC and NAPIMS.
- Initiate a management of change (MOC) request to secure management approval for scope changes during drilling or workover program execution.
- Prepare a supplementary AFE document and secure management approval before exceeding the cost baseline.
- Provide technical support for the SDE during DWOP, WWOP & AAR meetings for all wells scheduled in the Technical Work Program and ensure that comments from these meetings are fed back into the future completion programs.
- Perform post analyses of well operations for benchmarking, learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Excellent understanding of well operations and rig activities
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 6 years industry experience in oil and gas Company
- High knowledge of rig equipment and their functionality
- Good knowledge of oil and gas regulations and standards
- In current possession of valid IWCF Certification
- Member of at least one professional body, including SPE
- Analytical mindset and ability to solve problems.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.