aba College of Technology – Established in 1947, Yaba College of Technology is the oldest and leading institution of higher learning in Nigeria, with all its national and higher national diploma programmes duly accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the College and be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the college.
The prospective applicant must:
- Hold a good degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning with a professional accountancy qualification.
- Have at least Eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience, plus registration with ICAN, ANAN or any other recognized professional accounting body;
- Present evidence of Physical and Medical fitness (from a Government Hospital);
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages and accounting software’s;
- Present evidence of Community Service
- Possess evidence of sound human relations, professional competence, industry integrity, efficient management of human, financial and material resources; and
- Candidates should not be above 60 years at time of assumption of office.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Shall hold office for a period of five years in the first instance and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his letter of appointments;
- May be re-appointed for a further period of five years and no more; and
- Whatever the situation, the Bursar must/shall retire compulsory at the age of 65 years.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Full names with surname underlined;
- Date of Place of Birth;
- State of Origin/Local Government;
- Nationality and how Acquired;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children’
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and E-mail Address;
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic/professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations;
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) Held with Dates;
- Present Employment, Including Status and Salary;
- A Statement of Strategies for Increased Revenue Generation and Cost Control in a Higher Educational Institution; and
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees (Employer, Senior Public Servant not below Grade Level 15 and Personal) who are to forward Confident Reports on them directly to “The Registrar and Secretary to Council, Yaba College of Technology, P.M.B. 2011, Yaba, Lagos”.
Referee’s Reports should reach the Secretary to Council on or before the closing date stated above. Interested applicants must support all their claims of Credentials, Age, Promotions, Appointment etc. with documentary evidence; and Must be ready to support all their claims with documentary evidence and bring the originals of all such credentials if invited for interview. All Applications in sealed envelopes marked “Post of Bursar” should be forwarded to: The Registrar, Yaba College of Technology, P.M.B. 2011, Yaba, Lagos State. Note
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information and/or interview.
- The college will not enter into any correspondence with any candidate on its decision as to the eligibility or otherwise of any candidate or as to its eventual/final decision on any application or interview; and
- That this advertisement supercedes the earlier one of July 2, 2015.