Yaba College of Technology – Established in 1947, Yaba College of Technology is the oldest and leading institution of higher learning in Nigeria, with all its national and higher national diploma programmes duly accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- The Polytechnic Librarian shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the Polytechnic Library and the co-ordination of the Library services in the teaching units of the College.
The prospective applicant must hold:
- Present evidence of Physical and Medical Fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages like Library Softwares.
- Candidate should not be above 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office.
- A good Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s in Library Studies / Library Science (MLS) from a recognized institution of higher learning with (15) years cognate experience and registration with professional library body. OR Ph.D. in Library and Information Science with at least 12 years post qualification cognate experience with evidence of registration with professional library body
- He / she must have occupied the position of Chief Librarian I Deputy Polytechnic Librarian for a period of not less than five (5) years in a higher institution of learning.
- Present evidence of Community Service
- Possess evidence of sound human relations, professional competence, industrial integrit efficient management of human and material resources; and
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Whatever the situation, the Polytechnic Librarian shall retire compulsorily at the age of 65 years.
- The Polytechnic Librarian shall hold the office for a single tenure of five years from the effective date of his / her appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his / her letter of appointment
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit (20) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following format: