Young Readers Library – A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Volunteer
We are currently in need of volunteers interested in volunteering in the following areas below:
- Social media and Publicity
- Community services
- Project Management support
Purpose of this Role
- To assist the Library, supporting the organization in achieving long term goals, thereby improving your set skills to becoming better.
- Planing, organizing and implementing.
- Any other associated tasks as required for the role.
Skills & Experience Required / Desired
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
- Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
- A one morning induction and introduction to the library and Library Services.
- Shadowing sessions with other library staff to gain confidence and knowledge.
- A minimum of 2 months commitment is required.
- A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children.
- Must be available for at least 20 hours a week.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 18th May 2019