Young Readers Library – A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Volunteer Tech Instructor
- We are looking for applicants with background in Computer Science, Information technology and Software Development, who are passionate about passing on their knowledge to young learners through our fun program that is designed to teach children the basics of coding, game designs, website design and more
- Your responsibilities would include engaging them and supervising them during our instructional sessions, interactive games, learning use of new exciting software and engaging young learners in our exciting curriculum.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- A good knowledge of general computer operations
- A working level knowledge of a Programming Language
- Good knowledge of Internet searching, and be able to teach others.
- Attend on-going trainings (short sessions offered at regular intervals or prior to classes to learn techniques for assisting students
- Patience is an important virtue for volunteers
- Work in tandem with primary instructor and other volunteers to facilitate class exercises and flow
- Attend a YCA volunteer orientation/training session
- Complete application process, which includes a background check
- Assist in a minimum of 2 classes per week
Length of Commitment
- Transport Allowance will be given.
- Volunteer appreciation certificate will be given at the end of the volunteer service.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a brief statement of experience – including sharing why you wish to volunteer to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 2nd July, 2018.
- This opportunity is ideal for persons who are passionate about working with young learners and have basic computing programming skills.
- Undergraduates and Corp members are encouraged to apply.