Zido is solving the inefficiencies in Africa’s metropolitan transport and logistics industries. End-to-end intra/inter-city operations to help drivers, transporters, commuters, online retailers, package owners and recipients achieve an efficient framework for transport and logistics. Zido.co Network Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of company and client’s vehicles
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule and monitor post repair performance.
- Supervise and if necessary undertake the timely repair and servicing of damaged vehicles in order to minimize downtime
- Manage the inventory of spares parts for vehicles, in coordination with the General Manager, in order to ensure an adequate supply of spares
- Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement, including type of vehicles, spares etc. in order to improve cost-efficiency
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between project locations as required by operations
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle-operating expenses and reduce idle time of vehicles
- Ensure all vehicle operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within field operations
- Regularly review and update vehicle fleet-related policies at least once a year.
- Maintain vehicle workshop in order to provide timely servicing/repairing of vehicles
- Responsible for drivers’ management.
- Coordinate the scheduling of drivers for the various routes contracted by our clients.
- Provide daily supervision of assigned drivers and monitors to ensure proper and consistent performance of duties.
- Coordinate, plan and implement training programs for drivers; assist with in-house training programs for drivers and monitors to assure State certification renewal; conduct safe driving and safe working methods and procedures training programs as specifically required.
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of drivers and monitors.
- Drive vehicle of varying sizes and complexity over designated routes in accordance with time schedules.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of driver records
- Conduct field investigations of vehicular accidents involving company and client vehicle; participate as a member of the Incident Review Committee as requested.
Job Title: Truck Logistics Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a reliable Truck Logistics Manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. His responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Capacity to support business growth and organizational development of the Transport Department of the company by his vast experience of the practical operations of the fleet trucks and cargo delivery services.
- Deep knowledge of the working of the following agencies and bringing to bear this knowledge and connection to the business of the company:
- Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
- Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA)
- Nigeria Police, etc.
- Take the lead role in planning, costing and allocating routes and vehicles ensuring sufficient flexibility is in place to meet the varying and changing needs of customers
- Ensure that all Trucks are compliant with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalate any identified issues and recommend resolution to the management.
- Ensure transport staff deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance and individual risk assessments.
- Manage and develop a team of drivers and transport supervisors, who may be working remotely, either alone or in small teams, in order to deliver a high-quality service to customers.
- To ensure high standards of service delivery through the consistent application of recognized standards and established policies, procedures and practices.
- To work in a safe and effective manner at all times.
- The male candidate must have a minimum of 6-8 years cognate work experience in a reputable Haulage / transport or Logistics company with a good knowledge of Apapa/Tincan Island Ports operations as well management of not less than 25 truck fleets.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- HND or B.sc is an added advantage
- Tech Savvy
Job Title: Truck Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- A truck supervisor job is to schedule drivers to pick up and deliver loads to customers or vendors, but that just scratches the surface.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep records, monitoring drivers’ daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring their working hours and truck availability.
- Supervise drivers who transport cargo to and from specified locations.
- Supervise drivers’ performance, allocate driver assignments, ensure compliance with safety standards, and maintain all trucks in top working order.
- Schedule drivers and assigns routes to maximize productivity.
- Monitor the transportation budget to ensure funds are properly utilized and implement organizational objectives as dictated by management.
- Manage database that detail transport activities, drivers’ schedules and records.
- Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company, combining shipments based on their routes and timeline to minimize how many trucks and drivers are out.
- Determine the best delivery methods with vendors and customers, and get the necessary documents and permits that drivers will need when shipping chemicals or livestock.
- Train drivers in department policies and procedures, maintain drivers’ conduct.
- Serve as a point of contact for customers, building relationships and addressing complaints.
- Highly organized analytical thinker with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines under pressure.
- The male candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years cognate work experience in a reputable Haulage / transport or Logistics company with a good knowledge of Apapa/Tincan Island Ports operations as well management of not less than 12 truck fleets.
- Tech Savvy
Job Title: Truck Agent
- Helps the company source for various types of trucks (15-45 ton trucks) across Lagos state and Ogun State.
- Candidates with prior experience are strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 7th January, 2020