Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Analyst, Nigeria
About You and The Role:
- Does the prospect of establishing national-scale medical delivery in Nigeria excite you?
- Are you energized by the challenge of establishing a globe-spanning logistics network? If your answers here are “Yes”, then we’ve been looking for you: Please read on.
- Zipline is seeking a deeply process oriented, experienced, and self-driven Logistics Analyst.
- This person will support pre-clearance import approvals and export enablement, customs clearance and import processes, final mile transportation and delivery of new deployments and regular replenishment of spare parts inventory.
- You will work cross-functionally with global logistics, material planning, manufacturing and in-country operations teams to grow and manage Zipline’s Nigeria transportation network.
What You’ll Do:
- Own all aspects of delivery of production materials (finished goods and spare parts for aircraft and ground equipment) from port of entry, through final mile transit, to Zipline Distribution Centers.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (legal, finance, regulatory, operations) to facilitate pre-clearance import approvals as required from destination government entities.
- Serve as the representative for global Logistics to country operations leadership, conducting regular reviews of transportation network performance, outlooks and trends.
- Coordinate all aspects of inbound transport service with carriers, customs brokers, and government officials for international air and ocean freight including, but not limited to tracking, customs clearance, expediting, final mile transport, and receipt confirmation.
- Establish standard operating procedures for inbound transport activities including mapping end to end process flows, verification of arrival of inbound air and ocean shipments and on time / delivery performance.
- Manage and assess the performance of customs brokers and final mile carriers, establish and report operational metrics to Logistics leadership, and keep current on country-specific regulatory requirements pertaining to the import of Zipline inventory.
- Issue detailed reporting for stakeholders as required, including operational efficiency improvement, cost reduction and capacity planning.
- Undertake improvement projects as directed by Logistics leadership and identify, define and implement new process improvement opportunities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or at least five years working with transportation and import related activities within Nigeria.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to achieve success in situations with high degrees of uncertainty and complexity.
- Self-driven gain and implement a broad knowledge of logistics best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, with a strong drive to achieve results.
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What Else You Need to Know:
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!