Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Platform Developer
- The Junior Platform Developer will be part of the team responsible for building and designing Surge, a suite of Ruby applications that underlie Zola’s Web, mobile, tablet and SMS user interfaces and ensure effective deployment to the cloud in a Docker-based continuous deployment cycle.
- The Junior Platform Engineer collaborates with Data practice to incorporate its data into the business logic and user interfaces.
- Monitor data usage and hardware specific APIs performance and stability
- Drive features back for service and sales by analysing the data and work with Project Managers and stakeholders to turn data in value
- Build a new service to evolve OGE APIs from single system to multi-API systems
- Identify technological simplifications to support cost reductions and friction of 3rd party integration through documentation availability that is dynamic
- Develop algorithms that directly contribute to the value of the company
- Mentor and coach junior developers in writing codes for application programme interfaces
- Check code quality for junior developers
- Carry out code reviews of fellow developers before coming into the system
- Participate in Pair Programming during onboarding to assist new developers in writing of codes
- Participate in internal knowledge sharing forums to share knowledge and expertise with the team
- Build the system by writing the code for application programming interfaces and develop the infrastructure system robust enough to handle stability issues
- Liaise with Project Managers and stakeholders to define business rules and features / priorities in terms of updating software and the impact on the business
- Monitor the system to ensure issues are detected quickly and resolved timeously
- Monitor connection to 3rd party integrations (e.g. NetSuite and payment providers), identify and resolve connection failures
- Change user interfaces and develop features for specific roles to improve metrics for the business (i.e. modify user interface) and change systems to reduce costs
- Liaise with hardware team to provide technical support on features and build software to ensure firmware talks to the services directly
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Computer Science, IT Systems or related field
- 7+ years’ experience with web backends
- Experience with TDD, Microservices and Performance Optimizations
- Experience in production debugging
- Experience with DevOps, AWS, DI systems, and / or Domain Knowledge.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience in Background Jobs and cacheing
- 5+years with web backends
- 2+ years’ experience in Ruby platform development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply