Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure.
The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Capital Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Reporting line: Managing Director with a matrix reporting line to Director Human Capital
- Zola Electric Nigeria(ZEN) is a growth-stage startup that’s on track to light a million homes over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for a seasoned Human Capital Manager to support our growth strategy in Nigeria.
- This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Zola Electric to change the renewable energy landscape in Nigeria . You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You need to work well in a fast-paced environment that requires hands-on interventions. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
- Zola Electric Nigeria is seeking an experienced Human Capital professional to lead the People stream in our Nigeria Market.
- The Human Capital (HC) Manager will execute the Global HC strategy, providing support and advisory services to in-country leadership team and business partners in accordance with Group HC policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
The HC Manager will be responsible to:
- Facilitate organizational design interventions inclusive of job profiling, job evaluation and structural alignment
- Manage people and remuneration data, including executing payroll
- Manage expatriate visitor and employee experience, particularly with regard to legal residence and compensation requirements
- Facilitate the international mobility process in country inclusive but not limited to: constructing contracts and ensuring a successful on-boarding process.
- Be the first point of contact on grievances and disciplinary issues, working with the business partner and Group HC towards resolution to maintain a sound employee relations environment
- Facilitate training on Human Capital policies and procedures inclusive of benefits, to provide understanding to Nigeria employees
- Support the Country MD and HC Director in the coordination of country specific Human Capital projects to ensure projects meet the stipulated time frames and deliverables
- Facilitate the implementation of employee wellness initiatives, through the provision of preventive and curative health care counselling, advisory services and support.
- Set up and maintain a robust HC operation Nigeria, compliant with local labor laws and Off Grid Electric’s Group Human Capital processes and procedures.
- Deploy an effective Human Capital Strategy for Nigeria supporting growth, compliance in a standardized manner, and matching with local law and labor market.
- Activities to initiate and support are startup/growth related with a strong focus on staffing, (country management and functions) resourcing and selection, legal (entity) and a clear prioritization HC practices/policy for Nigeria.
- Higher education in Human Resource Management or a related field
- At least 5+ years of Human Capital Generalist Experience within Nigeria
- 5 years HC Leadership and/or Project Management experience
- Experience setting up a new business from a Human Capital perspective
- Knowledge of Human Capital policies and procedures and best practices
- Deep understanding of the applicable Human Capital legislation in Nigeria,
- Ability to perform on a strategic and operational level
- Conceptually strong, Independent, uses initiative
- Coaching and advisory skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ethical, team player, integrity and the ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply