Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer, Oando Foundation
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Budget
- Prepare monthly analysis of expense and revenue and compare to budget, explaining trend and variances
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly Management accounts
- Posting and verification of transactions into the accounting system.
- Develop a system for compliance with Donor regulations.
- Support grant financial close-out process and documentation review
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and submission of all internal and external financial reports and budgets proposals
- Maintaining Fixed asset register and subsidiary Ledgers
- Prepare the annual financial statements
- Maintain the “Finance Policy Manual” to ensure that it continues to meet the Foundation’s objectives and ensure compliance and periodic updates
- Maintain and monitor accounting controls
- Provide institutional strengthening and capacity building support to implementing entities,
- Developing systems and tools for strengthening and tracking sub recipients financial processes identify solutions to challenges that arise.
- Execute finance and treasury activities and accounting
- Maintain bank mandates and be responsible for banking relationships
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Assist with preparation of federal & state income and franchise tax returns and payments
- Assist with preparation of responses to various tax audits
- Assist with responses to notices regarding federal and state tax issue
- Assist with preparation of income tax provision and tax account reconciliation
- Provide support to auditors during audit of the annual financial statements
- Responsible for 100% completion and preparation of working papers required in the annual audit.
- Carry out the necessary post-audit adjustment required on the financial statements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Accuracy of transaction processing (posting of entries etc.)
- Accuracy of accounting schedules prepared
- Quality and timeliness of accounting report produced
- Level of adherence to regulatory/statutory reporting guidelines and timelines
- Quality and ease of retrieval of financial information/documents and reports
- Effectiveness of documentation management and accessibility of information
- Demonstrated cost saving practices employed day-to-day
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online