WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Petroleum Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under limited supervision, perform all conventional Reservoir / Petroleum Engineering aspects.
- Responsible for well performance analysis & integrated production network modeling, well & reservoir surveillance, production forecasting, and integrated subsurface/technical studies to generate a recommendation/business case for field development planning, reservoir management, production maintenance, and enhancement.
- Provides technical guidance to Reservoir and Production Engineers and mentoring for NYSC/IT Personnel.
The role will lead the Petroleum / Reservoir Engineering technical function to help meet the performance objectives and harness business improvement opportunities.
- Implement reservoir/petroleum engineering workflows such as reservoir analytical and numerical modeling, fluid characterization, reservoir rock characterization, pressure, and transient rate analysis, decline curve analysis, single well nodal analysis, and integrated production network modeling.
- Support third-party contractor-driven studies, including scoping the technical work, project management, compliance with agreed scopes of work, and contract ceilings.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers. 12. Ensure effective communication between all relevant parties, including knowledge capture and transfer,
- identification of appropriate emerging technologies, etc. 13. To liaise and work closely with the other disciplines (Drilling, Engineering, Planning, Production, New Business
- Lead reservoir and wells monitoring and surveillance. Provide PE/RE input for WRFM / production sustenance/optimization/ enhancement studies and integrated activity planning.
- Provide production forecasts and accurate assessment and reporting of net reserve/resource entitlements for corporate planning and reserves reporting.
- Provide volume forecasts, reserve estimates, support asset characterization and M&A projects, 5yr business planning process (LOFs), and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Provide Petroleum/reservoir engineering input into field development plans and ATDs and present same to statutory bodies and local approval agencies.
- Carry out in-house subsurface studies as may be required to assist in field development, Exploration, or Appraisal decisions.
- Based on Asset Lifecycle Management requirements, recommend and prepare detailed data gathering programs (pressure surveys, PLTs, etc.) for fields and reservoirs.
- Contribute to technical and value assurance processes (peer assist/reviews, functional reviews, integrated readiness reviews).
- Development, Gas & Power, etc.) to ensure an integrated, cost-effective delivery mechanism. 14. Participate in technical peer and functional reviews of projects/investment opportunities.
Requisite Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences or Engineering
- Masters in relevant discipline an advantage
- Expert proficiency in Petrel RE, Eclipse Suite, Petroleum Expert Suites (MBAL/Prosper/GAP/Resolve), Kappa (Saphir/Topaze) and OFM. Excellent working knowledge of field development and fluid dynamics. Sound understanding other related disciplines (Geology, Geophysics, Drilling, Facilities, Economics) especially working knowledge of dynamic modelling workflows.
- Work experience A minimum of 10-12 years of Oil and Gas E&P experience, including working on both production enhancement and development projects, with demonstrable experience of conducting integrated reservoir and other technical studies.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams involved in Integrated Reservoir Studies and field development, including operational aspects & reserves growth projects.
- Skilled in most relevant subsurface techniques, software tools and data analysis methods (both analytical and numerical), and their application to problem-solving.
Interested and qualified candidates should: