Reliable Plastic was incorporated on April 28th, 1998. We have been committed to providing the best quality products to our customers since its inception. Apart from the outstanding service that is provided, consumers are sure to be completely satisfied with the end product. Reliable Plastic promises to use only quality material for your product. Everything is done in-house with the company and therefore is your one-stop shop for product manufacturing. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Supply Chain and Procurement
Job Type: Full Time
- This role is responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize process efficiency and productivity.
- In addition, play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors, while overseeing staffing requirements, providing supervision and direction to supply chain employees as well as streamlining processes for operational effectiveness.
Key Result Areas (KRA):
The key result areas of this role are:
- Carefulness in product handling
- Speed and timeliness of deliveries(inwards &outwards)
- Efficiency and effectiveness of procurement
- Control of procurement and other operating costs
- Raw material wastage and damages
- Efficient management, control and safety of inventory(FG, RM, spare parts, etc)
- Orderliness, easy access, and reconciliation of inventory
- Efficiency of fleet management(Breakdown and availability)
Supply Chain Operations:
- Create the company’s supply chain strategy
- Manage logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues
- Evaluate and report on KPIs
- Monitor logistics, warehouse, store and procurement to make sure they run smoothly
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
- Resolve issues that come up (e.g. delays in delivery, accidents)
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain (e.g. use of trucks, forklifts)
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to land more profitable deals
- Review goals of team daily and identify root cause if goal was not obtained
- Review supply chain records for completeness and accuracy
Management and Supervisory:
- Checks on team throughout the day to be sure that any issues with equipment, personnel, material, safety, etc. are addressed promptly.
- Coaches and develops staff, while fostering a team atmosphere. Provides pep talks as needed and coaching for any performance issues.
- Assists employees with questions or problems they have regarding work assignments, priorities, safety, personnel issues, etc.
- Counsels employees when necessary and recommends to HR such personnel actions as disciplinary action, transfer, promotion, termination of employment, etc. Documents any issues, counseling efforts, etc.
- Oversees training and orientation of new employees and offers additional training as needed. Offers re-training when necessary. Sets up and maintains cross-training, as applicable.
- Serves as a role model to all employees. Conducts oneself professionally and abides by Company safety & personnel policies, SOPs, etc.
- Analyze budgets and continuously control supply chain cost and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Check supply chain output according to expectation and submit report on performance and progress
- Conduct safety and orientation training with new employees on how to safely use vehicles, trucks and follow procedures
- Control and organize timesheets for supply chain personnel
- Identify issues of inefficiency, suggest and take action on improvement
- Review goals of shifts daily and identify root cause if goal was not obtained
- Set Performance expectation and target as well as review all supply chain employees’ performance
- Conduct monthly performance appraisals for all supply chain employees and communicate information to HR and Executive Management
- A Bachelor’s (B.Sc./HND) degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field is required for this role.
- 10 to 15 years of proven supply chain work experience preferably in the Plastic Manufacturing Sector of which having a minimum 5 years in a managerial capacity.
- Deep knowledge of supply chain management and Experience in reporting on key supply chain metrics
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
- Understanding of accounting or finance.
- Ability to comprehend legal documents.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Familiarity with ISO AND SON compliance Guidelines
- Experience and knowledge of provincial health and safety standards
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practice
- Excellent supervision, business presentation, negotiation skills, Organization and leadership abilities, Self-motivated with a result driven approach, Problem- solving skill
N200,000 – N300,000 / month.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 20th November, 2023.