West African Vocational Education (WAVE) is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are either unemployed or underemployed. Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Store Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the management, operations and success of the assigned store
- Ensure the store is operated in line with the Company’s culture, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Keep the store in order and clean.
- Take care of a sufficient inventory according to the company´s order system and inventory policy (no missing items, no excessive stock, fresh products).
- Ensure that all customers are approached in a friendly way.
- Ensure as little shrinkage as possible.
- Manage the personnel in the most efficient way.
- In order to stay ahead of competition, it is required to apply the principle of economy the maximum extent.
Specific Decisions and Responsibilities
- The Store Supervisor performs all tasks of his Assistants (cleaning, unloading of pallets, working at the checkout etc).
- Makes sure that all reports, cash and receipts are correct and complete.
- Makes sure all cashiers are well trained.
- Plans the schedule of his team including the holiday plans
- Plans the breaks of the staff.
- Suggests potential cashiers as Store Supervisor or Store Supervisor’s Deputies.
- Responsible for the final calculation and complete documentation at the end of the shift of each cashier.
- Is in charge of arranging correct money transfers to the bank.
- Is in charge of all cancellations of total receipt, complaints as well as returns from customers. If he judges that a customer complaint is suspicious or unjustified he reports the case to the Area Manager for decision.
- Checks the procedure at the check out
- Checks the deliveries from the Warehouse and direct suppliers and reports any delivery mistakes.
- Responsible for all books, reports and forms in the store.
- Decides on orders and order quantities
- Responsible for correct counting in case of physical inventories.
- Trains personnel for other stores in case required.
- Responsible for 100 % price label accuracy.
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc Degree
- 4 years relevant work experience
- Physically fit to stand for hours and lift heavy items
- Lives within 30-45 minutes commute to the location.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.