Posted on :
10 Jul, 2014
10 Jul, 2014
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
Job Title: FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING (ADVISORY) – CONSULTANT & ASSISTANT CONSULTANT
To ensure effectiveness in engagement delivery and practice management through the application of technical know-how and general project management expertise required to engage and satisfy client needs.
• Provides team leadership on small-to-medium size projects involving the coaching & development, motivation and support in staff appraisal
• Maintains sound client relationships
• Communicate relationships to appropriate partners or leaders
• Provides technical guidance in applying PwC’s finance and accounting methodology in all engagements
• Monitors costs against budgets, prepares and follows-up ob bill collections
• Provides honest and timely feedback to staff
• Prepares high quality reports
• Participates in business development initiatives that will involve identifying appropriate opportunities for the firm
• Assists in the preparation of proposals that are consistent with the firm standards
• Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a reputable organisation.
• Strong accounting technical skills
• Strong knowledge of both local (SAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Skilled in corporate finance methodologies, financial risk management, forecasting and control
• Good knowledge of best practice finance policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of accounting systems and practices
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
• Excellent team building skills.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong reporting writing and presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Proficiency in the use of financial spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to work within tight schedules and timelines.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
• Intuitiveness and attention to detail
• Comfortable at dealing effectively with senior management and managers/staff.
• Must be self motivated, able to work independently and willing to “roll-up their sleeves” to get the job done.
• Must be an individual with a sound knowledge of finance and accounting who is also ready to broaden their skills in other solution sets.
• Must be willing to travel.