Transocean have a requirement forSenior Subsea Superintendents to provide technical assistance with subsea equipment and system performance as well as the evaluation and recommendation of maintenance procedures and practices.
- Shorebased, rotating 5×5
- Communicate with Rig Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance personnel regarding equipment failures and facilitating the repairs while evaluating and recommending preventivemeasures to prevent future failures.
- Perform as the Shore Based Maintenance Superintendent for several rigs as single point of contact for the rig in all technical and maintenance issues.
- Review relevant Maintenance and Equipment Standards produced by Corporate Maintenance group – identify best practices and provide feedback to Operations, other Field Support groups, and Corporate Maintenance group.
- Participate in promoting the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts and identify condition-monitoring techniques for use in Operations.
- Promote the use of trend based analysis techniques.
- Review monthly Maintenance reports and provide good quality feedback and direction to Operations.
- Participate as required in Hardware Assessments in conjunction with Corporate Maintenance Assessment group.
- Provide good quality recommendations as a result of audit findings.
- Participate in technical field support initiatives and studies.
- Participate in managing Region’s spare assets and ensure they are prepared and ready for use.
- Build relationships with manufacturers and suppliers and participate in facility, workshop, and service quality audits.
- Participate in the evaluation of Equipment Failure Reports with other members of the Field Support group.
- Participate in training initiatives, technical training courses and maintenance seminars held in the Region – identify technical training courses for rig personnel development.
- Communicate field support activities with rigs and suppliers.
- Maintain working knowledge of certifying authority, coastal state and industry regulations and legislation – advise rigs on the best course of action within the regulatory restrictions.
Desired Skills & Experience
High School Graduate and completed training in subsea equipment’s, well control and sound drilling practices.
5 plus experience that involved a wide spectrum of responsibilities involving subsea drilling equipment.
Proficiency at the “advanced level” in the following: Microsoft Windows operating environment, MS Word, MS Project 98, and MS Excel. Communication skills required negotiating with vendors and conveying technical information toRegional Management.
Personnel management skill to evaluate and recommend personnel assigned to rigs as Subsea Engineers.
Considerable ingenuity is required in the ability to evaluate equipment problems and develop solutions to problems encountered with the leading edge of drilling technology, and maintaining equipment in first class condition.
Acts to reach sound technical decisions concerning technical problems, evaluates and recommends to management actions which have significant operational and financial consequences.
Transocean, the world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 21,100 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.
Click here to view Job and Apply Online