WTS Energy is a leading globally operating, high level Manpower & Recruitment Company, 100% focused on the international Oil & Gas and (New) Energy industry. Established in 2000, we have always served companies and consultants based on trust, high ethical standards and consistent service quality.
Job description Manager – Support Facilities
The responsibilities of Manager – Support Facilities include but are not limited to the following,
- Prepare Project Execution Plans (PEP’s) taking into account the Company’s Facilities Management System (FMS) which uses the concept of gateway reviews and formal, systematic approvals.
- Manage the contracting and procurement process by which the Company engages contractors to construct and commission facilities and infrastructure projects.
- Arrange and manage effective and adequate supervision of all stages of the construction and commissioning of facilities and infrastructure projects.
- Establish budgets for all individual projects and raise corresponding Approval-For-Expenditure Requests (AFE’s), and monitor the same.
- Establish individual project specific schedules and cost control procedures and monitor the same.
- Provide input to Technical Work Programmes and annual budgets as part of the annual business cycle.
- Provide monthly reports both on an overall consolidated project portfolio and individual project basis in accordance with Facilities reporting requirements.
- Prepare Project close out and “lessons learnt” reports as appropriate upon project/activity completion.
- Provide technical support for liaison with, and representation to, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in respect of facilities projects.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager to coordinate engineering design work needed for all projects to be executed to assure fit for purpose designs that have been properly checked prior to progressing to the construction phase.
- Ensure full and effective implementation of Company HSE policy by own staff and by all contractors engaged in facilities and infrastructure construction work.
- Manage all regulatory and associated issues with both Nigerian (DPR) and international regulatory bodies.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of individual staff as a basis for managing their professional development and performance. In this regard, personally Mentor two (2) Company staff
- No fatalities, Zero LTI’s.
- Accurate and timely monthly reporting on status, cost and schedule (both actuals and forecast).
- All contract tendering and awards to be in place in accordance with project schedules and compliant with Company procedures.
- Full project delivery in accordance with agreed overall schedule and budget, and to level of quality as required by Company standards.
- Both NAPIMS and AFE approvals secured ahead of making commitments.
- Project Closeout reports to be issued no later than 3 months after project startup.
- Formally close-out all contracts within 6 months of project startup.
- Actively participate in developing training and career plans and mentoring of national staff.
Requirements Manager – Support Facilities
Manager- Support Facilities will have University Degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or Process disciplines
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 20 years experience in project, engineering and construction management (including offshore hookup and commissioning), with at least 15 years recently at project management level in the upstream oil and gas industry (both onshore and offshore).
- Previous experience of working in Nigeria is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience working internationally is a prerequisite.
- Managed multidiscipline teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Computer literate (including sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MSProject )
- Ability to deliver quality projects safely with due regard to the environment, on time and within budget.
- In-depth understanding of Project Management systems and the application thereof.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency, accuracy and quality is essential.
- Sound understanding of the relevant engineering codes and standards.
- Ability to manage project interfaces both internally and externally with contractors and authorities.
- Sound understanding of HSES Management systems and the application thereof, in particular HAZOP’s and safety cases.
- Apt presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex information into well structured and meaningful management reports and presentations.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain the respect of both own team members and 3rd parties.
- Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
- Proven track record of managing multicultural teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles, as well as being able to lead a team.
- Self starter, results-driven and focussed on delivery of quality products on time and within budget.
- Able to hold own ground when challenged but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
Terms & Conditions Manager – Support Facilities
Country base staff with annual vacation preferred. Or a 6/2 weeks rotation may be considered
- Initially one year contract
An independent International Oil and Gas Company operating in West Africa.
Click here to view Job and Apply Online