Posted on :
13 Jan, 2016
13 Jan, 2016
TTC Mobile, established in 2003, is a top telecom training company in Lagos Nigeria, with specialization in RF Engineering and Transmission Engineering. We essentially provide fresh graduates with requisite telecom skills that enable them gain, and/or stay in employment in the Telecom industry. By this skill support system, 100s of graduates gain telecom jobs every year.
The need to consolidate our position as leading training organisation in 2016, as well as expand our areas of expertise beyond just RF and Transmission has created opportunity for practicing telecom experts to join our team or resource persons, as Telecom Consultants.
The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees on-going Fibre Optic & civil work activities delivered by subcontracted Service Providers (SP) assuring adherence to agreed scope of work and deliveries’ specifications, and managing and following up on changes, unforeseen hinders and other events having an impact on project scope, cost and time.
The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day to day communication with subcontracted service providers, as well as with Customer and Local Authority organizations in the construction of the Fiber project. The role is expected to involve a significant element of onsite attendance.
The OSP Supervisor is also responsible for setting, monitoring, analyzing and managing subcontractor performance as well as conducting audits of subcontractor’s Fibre Optic & civil works workmanship.
Main Responsibilities of the OSP Supervisor include, but not limited to:
• Supervising and coordinating subcontracted service provider’s deliveries with regard to outside plant construction civil work activities and required Fibre Optic installation/termination, ensuring the project is delivering on scope, cost and time;
• Monitoring, managing and reporting subcontractor’s performance against project targets;
• Organizing and performing civil work quality audits as appropriate; identify, make recommendations and follow up on improving the quality and performance of the subcontractor’s workmanship during the project rollout;
• Managing daily communication, being a point of contact for SP for queries, change requests and issue resolution in construction phase of the pilot;
• Being a primary interface with Local Authorities, SP,and customer regarding appropriate work permits, for example, right of Way (ROW), Road Opening Licences;
Over 2 Years OSP Fibre Maintenance/Supervision Experience.
Knowledge of major Fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt Metro.
Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As-Built drawings for Fibre networks.
Competence: Skills, Knowledge, Personal Attributes
• Proficient use of Fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
• Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio etc
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
• Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
• Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
• Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
• A Goal getter and team player.
• Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
• Excellent people skills and street smart.
• Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
• Able to manage/supervise Fibre civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate labourers and contractor personnel to accomplish assigned project task.
• Neat, articulate and respectful.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply to email@example.com Please ensure subject of application is “OSP Fibre Maintenanace“. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview as soon as possible.