AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
Job Title: State Nursing Coordinator
Req No: 2017-6434
Location: Benue State
Type: Regular Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the state coordinating team, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Coordinates the provision of quality nursing care within the state.
- Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directs nursing care in the state including outpatients, in patients care.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader for the provision and supervision of high quality patient care in AHF supported facilities in the state.
- Responsible for identifying training needs, conduct capacity building for health care workers in supported health centers.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Audits Chart notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in AHF supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of patient physical health statues in AHF supported facilities in the state.
- Support the prevention coordinator and care team in implementing high quality PITC, Index testing, PNS (Other innovative facility based testing program).
- Provides leadership to nursing team to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site.
- Facility based HIV prevention program indicators.
- HIV Care Task Shifting Indicators
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Nursing-BSc or its equivalent.
- MPH degree would be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply