Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards.
- You’ll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimize the job roles in focus.
- You are passionate about supporting recruiting functions, building and designing systems and process that increase efficiency and you have a love for finding and supporting unique individuals that, given the right role have the power to change the world.
- You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in fast-paced, innovative environments, and solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering Africa’s top talents.
About the Role
- Andela is a fast growing organization that requires a strong recruitment team to achieve its hiring goals.
- The Recruitment Specialist will work with an awesome team to drive Andela’s recruitment strategy of hiring top talents whose values and goals are very well aligned with that of Andela.
- In partnership with hiring managers, you will be responsible for sourcing and hiring these talents while ensuring all stakeholders have a great hiring experience.
Candidate Sourcing and selection:
- Design and maintain systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates.
- Comply with and bolster data analysis systems to improve performance tracking once hired.
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires.
- Identify new sourcing channels and tools through frequent research
- Ensure a best-in-class selection process
- Actively source top talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team, for diverse functions across the organisation
- Work closely with hiring managers to achieve a clear understanding of job roles in order to identify the best talents
- Coordinate and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time, and through the most equitable and objective processes possible.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify hiring needs and best ways to fill those needs.
- Proactively guide internal stakeholders towards best hiring practices.
- Provide timely feedback to candidates to ensure a great candidate experience
- Maintain positive relationships with candidates in ways that could yield referrals that could become potential hire
- Build a community of top talents that can be tapped into in the near future
- Create accessible resources for your stakeholder (candidates, hiring managers and interviewers)
- Facilitate workshops aimed to improve the recruitment process across the organisation
- Develop Initiatives that add value to the organisation in areas relating to talent sourcing and management
- Collaborate with the Recruiting Manager to continually develop and improve on existing recruitment processes
- Assist the recruiting operations team in optimizing the hiring process
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role should possess the following:
- Motivation to relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers.
- Excellent People, Communication, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- You understand the value of maintaining positive relationships and creating an awesome candidate/hiring manager’s experience.
- You have a knack for developing, coordinating and implementing the calendars of activities to ensure that targets are hit in a timely manner
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- You are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories.
- High learning velocity and readiness to be awesome
- 2-5 years experience in talent acquisition/recruitment – technical recruiting would be a bonus
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is a bonus.
- A self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
- Creativity in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela.You are Innovative and a supporter of diversity and equal employment opportunity
- Active sourcing experience through platforms such as LinkedIn, Boolean search exposure and leveraging networks through referrals and internal applicants
- Familiarity with employment laws and be supportive of diversity
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top talent from across the continent and the diaspora.
EPIC Values Alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family.
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.