Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Electrical Design Engineer (HOD)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Department Electrical Design Engineer follows the undergoing Designs and attends site inspections while he controls/supervises the MEP contractors. Follow up with the day-to-day activities on site making sure that the progress is completed according to approved drawings and approved material submittals. Project management abilities are also required.
Tasks and Duties
Job / Duties Specifications:
- Design & Drafting of Electrical Systems including, but not limited to, Medium and Low Voltage Power, Lighting, Low Current System, etc.
- Contributing to overcoming technical challenges on projects and providing guidance to less experienced team members
- Preparing well-reasoned and well-presented technical content for inclusion in key project documents, e.g. tender documentation, engineering designs, feasibility reports or technical specifications
- Communicating openly and effectively with team members
- Ensure the proper execution as per the approved shop drawings (Site inspections are required)
- Explain the work methodologies to the work and supervising force to ensure that the work is done as per the requirements
- Reporting to the General Manager regarding daily progress of work and plan for the next working days
- Informing the Project Manager (Contractor’s Side) and the General Manager regarding material status on the site and preparing the requirement for the upcoming period
- Design systems incorporating power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, and equipment specification and selection
- Take responsibility for electrical engineering tasks, and perform associated calculations and analysis
- Carry out/Supervise all relevant testing before commissioning and handing over
- Supervise the Contractor’s evaluation done for electrical engineering/construction matters
- Analyze work non-conformities and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
- Inspect received material in the site
- Ensure that all reporting personnel follow all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in the technical and commercial evaluation of bids
- Review/present claims for variation orders and provide input
- Analyze engineering problems and offer resolutions
- Review & Issue material submittal statuses and recommendations
- In addition to working on consultancy assignments, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and consolidate client relationships
- Develop and consolidate networks within relevant client sectors
- Develop an understanding of relevant sectors and keep up-to-date with developments and innovations within those sectors
- Represent the firm at seminars, conferences etc.
- Contribute to the expansion of company and its professional standards
- Be a potential candidate for the position of “Head of Electrical Division”
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (minimum)
- Related Work Experience
- Ten to Twenty years of experience in other consultancy firms located in Nigeria
- Proficient in the use of internet, email and Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, Revit, Dialux, etc.
- Clear and precise communication skills
- NSE & COREN Certified Engineer
- Direct personal experience in engaging with external regulatory authorities.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 14th May, 2023.