Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Software Team Lead
- As Software Team Lead, you will be responsible for helping Andela’s Software Engineers successfully engage remote clients. Distributed work environments are growing in popularity but the lack of physical proximity still brings unique operational challenges.
- As our engineers partner with teams spread around the world, across industries and across technology stacks, your role will be to help make the client and the remote team feel much closer.
- No two days will ever be alike and variety will be the only constant. In the morning, you might find yourself helping engineers better understand the business value of their California team’s user stories; in the afternoon, you might virtually travel across the Atlantic in order to support another team of engineers as they strategically plan a data migration for their team in London.
- With your knowledge of business, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make the distance between our engineers and their teams—thousands of kilometers in most cases—feel like a logistical afterthought.
The specific responsibilities of the Software Team Lead position include:
- Interfacing with the client to understand a client’s business as well as their goals and visions for products being supported by Andela
- Assigning work to ensure that our engineers are always working on high priority tasks that will bring the most value to their team.
- Ensuring that our engineers are able to understand the business context and value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that the work being submitted to the client follows the client’s coding standards as well as meets the letter and spirit of the assigned task
- Assist our engineers in effectively communicating with their teams
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here
Job Title: Andela Simulations Facilitator
To train Andela Fellows in a comprehensive set of technical and professional skills necessary for world-class software development. Andela Fellows join us for a four-year paid Fellowship. Fellows undergo extensive training, work remotely as core team members in startups and fortune 500 companies around the world, and grow into founders and leaders of organizations that will impact the world through technology.
The Fellowship begins with extensive simulations-based training that prepares Fellows to build world-class software products in globally distributed teams. We want you to take a lead role in that crucial first stage of the Fellowship. You will facilitate daily technical and professional skill training, create and run immersive simulation scenarios, and give Andela Fellows the support and guidance necessary to ensure they grow into world-class software developers and global tech leaders.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can impart their understanding of software engineering to the brightest minds in Africa at the beginning of their journey toward global tech leadership
- Can vividly describe a world-class software developer, how they work on a daily basis, and the challenges they face working remotely with global clients
- Craves the change and challenges inherent to technology startups and thrives when adapting to different roles and environments
Join us as we build the best technical training program in the world and support a generation of African technology leaders that will transform the continent.
You May Be a Great Fit for this Role If…
- You have at least 2+ years experience working in the technology industry
- You have experience writing code
- You are familiar with agile development and software project management
- You love to learn, listen, create and inspire others
- Your speaking and writing abilities are exceptional
- You maintain the highest standards for yourself and those around you
- You are an unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative, capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience, and prioritization
- You can talk for hours about the software development lifecycle and the mind of the world-class software craftsman
- You are a good person and you are great to work with
In this Role You Will…
- Facilitate daily professional skills training
- Create and run simulations scenarios that instil a comprehensive set of technical and professional skills
- Role play a variety of simulation characters, such as product managers, technical team leads, and CTOs
- Track knowledge, behavior, and beliefs demonstrated in training scenarios
- Give direct, actionable feedback and handle difficult conversations with many different types of people
- Hold in-training development teams accountable to building real, high-quality software products
- Pilot, test, and iterate curriculum and facilitation methods
- Adapt to yet-to-be-defined responsibilities as Andela grows and evolves
Benefits and Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-rich working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here