Axis Human Capital Limited – Our client, an innovative West African based company, focused on “building Africa’s healthcare future” seeks to hire the services of:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out audit & internal controls, investor management, build forecast models for financial planning and analysis, as well as maintain good financial systems and structures per the company’s structures, and national financial regulations. National standards of Finance operations. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for relationship management with a portfolio of prioritized health system accounts across West Africa.
- Reports To: Senior Management
- Direct Reports: Finance Team
- Responsible for developing annual plans and budgets for the finance department.
- Update and implement financial policies, procedures and strategies across the organization.
- Work with senior management on possible ivestment portfolios where funds can be channeled to.
- Ensure effective management of the organization’s financial resources, and compliance with annual budgets.
- Manage relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts such as; regulatory bodies, external auditors, solicitors, banks, etc.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Manage key banking relationships to facilitate proper, timely and costeffective funding of business operations.
- Implement and ensure compliance with the finance policies and procedures of the company (Ghana, Nigeria and West Africa generally) is in line with financial regulatory standards
- Work with the team to ensure the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and useful financial and management reports for investors, lending institutions and the Board of Directors on a periodic and /or adhoc basis.
- Manage finance software system (s) and ensure the business runs smoothly and profitably.
- Prepare monthly financials as well as monthly management reports for senior management.
- Responsible for building forecast models for financial planning and analysis.
- Compute Return on Investments (ROI) as well as Regular Fund Statements to investors.
- Maintain finance practices to ensure that, accurate and reliable data is available for business operations and planning.
- Review operational and financial processes to provide management with an independent assessment of business risk, internal control and overall effectiveness, and efficiency of the process.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plan programs and ensure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk, and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
- Investigate specific cases of fraud, defalcations and other malpractices and make appropriate recommendation to prevent future reoccurrence.
- Liaise with external auditors and other business units on timely audits of the company financial accounts.
- Perform pre and post-payment audit of salaries, major purchases and other transactions involving cash flows to ensure they are properly authorized, and approved with supporting documents.
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by Senior Management
- Responsible for reviews of the company’s strategy, operations, business performance and information processing, and identify risks that may impact the group’s financial status.
- Periodic reviews of existing Company policies, processes and controls to identify risks and make appropriate recommendations to management for corrective actions
- Provide periodic report to Audit Committee on Audit Plan and on Internal Audit assignments and investigations
- Ensure accurate recording of financial transactions, and the prompt reconciliation of all accounts.
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes, and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc./MSc in Finance, Economics or a related field
- 8–10 years’ experience in a finance managerial role/prior CFO experience
- Experience in working with the big four audit firms in Ghana.
- Excellent budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control skills
- Investment planning and portfolio management.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and tax planning/management
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Presentation and communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in finance policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of financial systems/software and practices.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for financial reporting such as; Sage 50 (Peachtree), Quickbooks, Xero, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 20th April, 2018.