Bakhita initiative which began as Justice, Development and Peace/Caritas (JDPC Sokoto) is a structural response to the second Vatican Council Appealing for the churches involvement in the affairs of the society. In the document of the council, populum progression of 1967, Pope Paul VI wrote, “The progressive development of people is an object of deep interest and concern of the church. This is particularly true in the case of those people who are trying to escape the ravages of hunger, poverty endemic disease and ignorance; of those who are seeking a large share in the benefit of civilization and more active improvement on their human qualities; of whose are consciously striving for fuller growth with an even clear awareness.” To build a society where justice and equity are enthroned for human development. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, letters, and packages.
- Maintain and update the organization’s filing systems, both physical and digital.
- Assist in scheduling and organizing meetings, conferences, and special events.
- Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, and distribute relevant documents.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations for staff members, volunteers, and guests.
- Answer and direct phone calls, take messages, and handle inquiries.
- Greet and assist visitors, ensuring a positive and professional image of the organization.
- Order and manage office supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of office equipment and facilities.
- Ensure the office environment is clean, organized, and conducive to productivity.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the NGO’s database, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Compile and organize data, reports, and documents for internal and external use.
- Support the collection, compilation, and analysis of data for various projects and programs.
- Assist in preparing and proofreading reports, presentations, and other materials.
- Assist in basic bookkeeping tasks, such as recording expenses and managing petty cash.
- Prepare and process invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
- Support the finance team in maintaining accurate financial records and documentation.
- Assist in budget tracking and monitoring of expenses.
- Collaborate with staff members and volunteers to support their administrative needs.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including partner organizations and donors.
- Participate in team meetings, provide input, and contribute to the overall goals of the NGO.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating training sessions and workshops.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent; additional relevant certifications or training is a plus.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Multitasking and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and tasks.
- Knowledge of and passion for the NGO sector and its mission.
- Proven experience in an administrative or office support role.
- Proficient in using office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2023