Cainergy International Limited – Since 2015, Cainergy has come to be recognized as a choice service provider for the Oil and Gas and Energy industries globally. Our end-to-end services offered see us design, build, operate, maintain and manage assets and infrastructure in the various industries with operate. Currently one of the fastest growing brands in the industry, we have built a strong reputation for quality delivery and an impeccable safety record which we are very proud of. Our passion and commitment to exceptional project delivery that surpasses our clients’ expectations remains consistent across the many parts of our brand. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Business Unit: Cainergy Group
Reports To: COO
Job Objective / Purpose of Job
- Ensure effective management of all activities in the company related to the health, safety and environment development, implementation, maintenance of, and compliance with the company’s policies, procedures, and international best standards governing the safety of all personnel, materials and assets.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain health, safety, and environmental policies, procedures, and programs.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all local, national, and international HSE regulations and standards relevant to the oil and gas industry.
- Conduct regular safety audits, risk assessments, and company facilities, equipment, and work site inspections.
- Develop and implement safety training programs for employees, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Monitor and assess the company’s environmental impact and develop strategies for minimizing environmental risks.
- Collaborate with project managers and engineers to integrate HSE considerations into project planning and execution.
- Build effective relationships with clients, subcontractors, and partners to support Cainergy’s core safety values.
- Promote the application of HSE Legislation, ISM Code, ISPS Code and all other relevant industry instruments and guidelines on all owned or managed units in the company and sites.
- Responsible for implementing the Company’s Safety Policies in its various sites locations within the country.
- Review implementation and auditing of the Management System to ensure on-going compliance with relevant legislation such as the HSE Notices, ISM Code, ISPS Code, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 29001, API Q2, FPAL and other relevant QHSE legislations.
- Arrange for the appropriate PPE and safety training for personnel and monitor HSE briefings and audits
- Collating, reviewing and documenting management review reports, annual QHSE Action Plans, project safety reports, safety statistic reports for Cainergy and its various site locations.
- Lead and mentor the HSE team, providing guidance and support in all HSE matters.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of the company’s HSE programs and make continuous improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or HSE related discipline.
- Recognized professional HSE Institute Membership is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years general experience in health, safety, and environment.
- Specific experience in developing, managing and auditing of HSE Management Systems within the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Effective team management and mentoring skills.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Strong record keeping and documentation skills.
- Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of HSE regulations and standards relevant to the industry.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in conducting safety audits and risk assessments.
- Proficiency in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ability to develop and deliver HSE training programs.
- Familiarity with environmental impact assessments.
Interested and qualified candidates should: