Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges.
Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better. We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Receptionist
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Receptionist for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States.
- The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- The Receptionist will provide secure and timely services in attending to visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Notifies staff of visitor arrival. Maintains security and telecommunications system. Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- The Receptionist will also perform various administrative tasks, as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill office management duties including, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Prepare reports of meetings convened or attended by project management
- Take meeting minutes for all team meetings and distribute to team members.
- Assist Administrative Associate in hosting project visitors and arranging meeting details
- Deliver adequate, timely administrative and logistical support to the technical team, as needed.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards
- Maintain and stock office supplies and process supply orders from Administrative Associate
- Organize and manage project report/resource library
- Fulfill other administrative functions as required
- Certificate / Diploma in related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 year of experience; prior experience in development sector is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required, other languages will be an added advantage.
- Experience with PABX system, other office equipment is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 16th October, 2020.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data