Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is one of the worlds leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries conducting business worldwide including Nigeria.
We hereby invites applications for employment, in the position specified below from qualified candidates:
Job Title: Mooring Master Trainee
Location: Delta (Escravos)
- The Mooring Master acts as Chevron representative on Export Tankers.
- He is the point of contact with government representatives and officials during exports to ensure efficient, coordinated export activities are achieved.
- Perform export tanker arrival safety inspection and ensures compliance of Export Tankers, Masters, Officers and crew with Chevron requirements.
- Document performance and condition of export tankers, prepare reports for CVX Clearance and vetting system.
Responsible for advising Export tanker Captain, officers and crew on safe activities with the following key activities:
- Safe pilotage/Mooring operations and export tanker approach to berths
- Conducting safe mooring and unmooring operations
- Safe cargo hose conneciton and disconnection
- Export paperwork, including sampling and calculations of cargo volumes
- Responsible for export tanker safe position keepiong once export tanker is safely moored at Chevron Terminals.
- Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Terminals.
- Supervision of Mooring Technicians during all mooring operations and hose conneciton and disconnection.
- Hold back tug connection and disconnection
- Pre-loading activities including all check lists
- Communication between export tanker, Terminal and hold back tug
- All Cargo/Ballast Handling operations
Coordination with his Supervisor on export operations planning, including:
- Export tanker scheduling
- Partner requirements
- Cargo discrepancies
- Operational issues resolution
- Export tanker operations
- Inward and outward clearance
- All aspects of government and agent liaison
The Mooring Master shall have:
- An unlimited Class 1 Deck License with an appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement for crude oil.
- Served in a senior capacity on board tankers > 25.000 tonnes during their sea going career for at least 36 months.
- Skill in the ship-handling of large tankers. Offshore Marine Terminal operations.
- Served for a minimum of (10) years as a Mooring Master experienced with safe berthing of tankers at offshore terminal export facilities.
- Takes a proactive role in safety and environmental management consistent with Policy 530, API RP 14C/14J guidelines, ISGOTT, OCIMF guidelines, applicable maritime regulatory requirements and accepted industry standard for safety and environmental practices.
- Monitors and supports Field HES programs including safety training, compliance reviews, near-miss/incidents investigation and reporting emergency preparedness and response spill reporting and response, safety and communications meetings and process improvement initiatives.
- Complies with Chevron behavioral safety principles.
- Responsible for ensuring training of new recruits and trainee Mooring Masters/Loading Masters is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- An extensive knowledge of SPM type facilities including but not limited to export operations and maintenance of all equipment and systems.
- High quality communications skills and be able to coordinate activities remotely when operating outside of normal work locations.
- Core skills associated with Bridge Resource Management are essential all Mooring Masters must be able to understand personal limitations and assess operational risk in order to develop mitigation plans.
- Capability of working a 28/28 day rotational assignment in a remote location
- Support the implementation of the Chevron Operational Excellence Management System – OEMS processes, ensures all marine operations conducted at Chevron Terminals are completed safely and in compliance with the Company Safe Operating Procedures.
- Unlimited Ocean-Going Master Mariner license with “Dangerous Cargo” (Oil & Gas) endorsement
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in marine transportation, offshore terminals, mooring and cargo transfer operations
- Demonstrated skills in pilotage of large Crude Oil and Liquefied
- Petroleum Gas (LPG) vessels
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to co-ordinate loadinJclischarging of vessels
- Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The salary attached to this position and the general conditions of service including medical benefits are very attractive and fall within the range obtainable in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Apply following the steps below:
- Click: http://careers.chevron.com
- Click on find a job
- Click on Nigeria
- Click on apply for a job
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search jobs by location icon”
- Interested candidates should provide active and functional telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Candidates who miss any notifications from the company due to non-functional phone numbers/emails will not be given further consideration.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Hard copy and multiple applications for a position would not be entertained
Application Deadline 10th November, 2017.