Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: HR Generalist
Ref No: 13045343
The primary purpose of this job is to understand the business strategies of the customer and product groups and play an active role in supporting them to achieve their goals.
The role supports the CHRO and management team in implementing and maintaining HR Strategies, policies and initiatives. The role enhances the role of HR as a key business partner.
- Initiate, develop and implement HR strategy and programs in line with overall business objectives.
- Provide support to Management Committee Members on the people dimension of the business.
- Develop together with the Business Head, CHRO and CCO, the Country’s annual training plan in line with the skill gaps identified and/or the skills staff need to acquire in order to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate Training and Development programs together with Business Heads to achieve maximum value utilization of the budget. Manage the implementation of the training plan.
- Administer the Learning and Performance Management Systems and ensure reports are generated when required.
- Manage the Performance Management Cycle for the Country and conduct Performance Management Training for Supervisors.
- Ensure that policies are reviewed and communicated to all employees and that the policies are within relevant Legal and Citi guidelines.
- Support business and employees with guidance on employment issues, performance management and career development; provide employees with company policy advice and information as required.
- Manage the Voice of the Employee process from end to end.
- Drive talent management initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Citigroup and regulatory requirements. Ensure HR is practiced within corporate, statutory and professional guidelines.
- Provide support to the CHRO on Human Resources – Assist in day to day HR operations.
- Continually innovate and implement best practice in the management of Human Resources.
- Work with HR colleagues and specialists on non-routine aspects of employment activity.
- Contribute to various inter-business and HR projects as needed from time to time.
- Assist in coaching and training managers in all core people management processes.
- Build and maintain relationship with Management Team and HR Generalists/Professionals across Citi.
- Establish and Manage relationship with Consultants, Vendors and Service Providers.
- Manage relationship with relevant regulatory bodies.
- 10 years post qualification experience out of which 7 years must have been spent in the Human Resource function of a large and dynamic multi-national – a minimum of 4 years of this must have been spent as a HR Business Partner
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Labour Law.
- Knowledge of international human resource best practice
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Assertive. Decision making and execution skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Capability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Customer care and responsiveness.
- People Management Skills – Tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and maturity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Presentation/Training/Facilitation /Interviewing skills.
- Strong Computer Skills (word, excel, etc.)
- A first degree.
- A Professional Human Resources Qualification
- A Masters degree will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online