Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Technician
Req ID: 230006JH
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Role: Category Onsite
Organization: Distribution Business
- We are looking for a talented Workshop Technician to join our team specializing in Service for our Distribution Business Segment in Lagos, Nigeria.
In this role, the candidate will make an impact in the following ways:
- Mechanical Knowledge – Demonstrates knowledge of Cummins and industry standards by complying with all safe work procedures including Personal Protective Equipment to create a safe work environment; applies mechanical principles and theories using appropriate tools and procedures to diagnose and repair products safely and efficiently
- Electrical Knowledge – Demonstrates knowledge of Cummins and industry standards on working with low and/or high voltage by complying with all safe work procedures including Personal Protective Equipment to create a safe work environment; applies basic electrical theories and electronics components knowledge using appropriate tools and procedures to diagnose and repair products safely and efficiently.
- Product Repair and Maintenance – Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organized environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimize customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition.
- Technical Escalation – Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Electronic Service Tool Application – Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
- Diagnostics Application – Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
To be successful in this role the candidate will need the following:
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Minimal level of workshop experience required
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
Click here to apply online
Note: This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.