Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Ref Id: 200000BT
Location: Lagos, Lagos-Island
Job Type Experienced: Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt: Experienced
- Responsible for general accounting work required to maintain the department’s general ledger. Performs financial analysis of the department’s chart of accounts and financial statements by identifying and analyzing variances.
- Analyzes, records and reports accounting transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepares general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Responds to inquiries received from management, internal and external auditors, Sarbanes-Oxley audit group and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimal relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
- US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles – Evaluates US accounting standards to record transactions in compliance with requirements and company policies; assesses the accounting requirements and objectives to determine the implications on the business and communicate to stakeholders with varying financial knowledge.
- Financial Regulations Acumen – Evaluates applicable regulations for the financial area of focus, such as tax, banking, pension, local accounting to ensure underlying transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable regulations; explains key requirements and purpose of regulations and implications to the business to inform and educate relevant stakeholders.
- Financial Internal Controls – Leverages internal control framework by assessing internal controls and developing remediation plans to mitigate financial reporting risks and respond to changing business needs.
- Financial Analysis – Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Action oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Nimble learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Ongoing