The CVM Career Company, a career services company is currently looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions.
- Prepare and analyze complex financial records and reports to ensure the business is running efficiently.
- Responsible for the reduction of company financial waste and increasing profits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs monthly and annual financial closes including account analysis, reconciliations and adjustments.
- Analyses financial statements for discrepancies and suggests ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Establish cost standards for material, inventory and labour and update as appropriate.
- Compares and reports standard costs to actual production costs and analyses productions costs to recommend changes.
- Prepares documentation for External Auditors, and assists with tax audits and tax returns.
- Prepares financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Coordinate daily accounting activities and journal entries in the ledger, reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintaining / reviewing cost prices on the system & analysing the impact on margins
- Monitoring stock movements, and reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Participates in various accounting projects and assists in ad-hoc tasks
- HND / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 2-3 years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Must have strong numeric ability.
- Proximity to the location will be an advantage.
Salary: N70,000 monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 12th March, 2021.