The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Development Quality and Accountability Coordinator
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Programme Development, Quality, and Accountability (PDQA) Coordinator is responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the PDQA portfolio, covering accountability, communications, grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management.
- The PDQA supports the Country Director to ensure quality and accountability is mainstreamed throughout the mission, through the development, implementation, and compliance with processes, procedures, and mechanisms throughout the country programme, in coordination with DRC Nigeria Heads of Programme, Programme Coordinators, and key support functions.
(in bullet points):
- Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria PDQA department, with a portfolio including: accountability, communications, grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management;
- Line manage and provide technical support to the Accountability Manager, Communications and Reporting Specialist, and M&E Manager;
- Provide direct support to staff capacity building at all levels of seniority and in all geographical locations to ensure a high level of understanding and knowledge of their responsibilities with regards to programme quality and accountability;
- Ensure programme development, quality, and accountability processes, procedures, and mechanisms are developed, implemented, and adhered to;
- In coordination with the DRC and DDG Heads of Programme, ensure high quality and evidence-based programme design and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning processes are streamlined throughout the country mission,;
- Support the Country Director and Heads of Programme to identify fundraising opportunities and take responsibility for timely submission of all concept notes and proposals;
- Ensure timely compliance with all internal and external grants management requirements, including contractual compliance and reporting;
- Strengthen PDQA systems and mechanisms throughout the country programme, with specific focus on ensuring accountability and involvement of beneficiaries and communities is mainstreamed throughout the programme management cycle in line with CHS commitments and requirements;
- Represent DRC Nigeria in relevant coordination fora, including the Humanitarian Communication Working Group, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Network, and Information Management Working Group;
- Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, accountability, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinate and provide timely reporting and feedback to the Country Director and SMT on PDQA unit activities.
- Ensure DRC Nigeria adheres to all relevant PDQA internal policies and procedures;
(include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar;
- Relevant professional humanitarian qualifications / recognised training certificates in PDQA-related areas (M&E, IM, CHS, PSEA, SPHERE, Protection, etc) are desirable, although practical experience more essential to the role.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Five years of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with PDQA responsibilities, preferable to have at least two years of experience at senior management level;
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability of principles and practices related to confidentiality, protection, and interviewing of extremely vulnerable individuals in a humanitarian context;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context;
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment.
(indicate fluency level)
- English – fluent, with demonstrated capacity for high quality written and verbal command of the language
- Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria an asset, but not essential to the position.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2018.