The Federal College of Education, Yola was established in 1974, and occupies a land area of 155 hectares along the Jimeta-Yola Road Adamawa State. The Vision of the College is to be a leading College in Africa in the training of efficient and creative teachers, and the promotion of professionalism, research and community services. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his / her duties
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and head of the Registry Department.
- The Registrar is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Registry
- Functions as Secretary to the College Governing Council
- Functions as Secretary to other statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College
- Issuing of Certificate of Service, Results and Transcript
- Interpreting extant rules
- Any Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Art subjects from any recognized institution of higher learning
- A relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate work experience
- Possession of a Doctoral Degree is an added advantage.
- Must have been a Deputy Registrar on CONTEDISS 15, from a College of Education system
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Must be a member of recognized professional body in the relevant field
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifty nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption to duty and On such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system
- Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the Office of the College Registrar.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in soft copy on read only compact disks (two 2 Nos.) and twenty (20) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status, and Number of Children, indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail address
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications and Distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer – Status and Salary
- Extra Curricular activities
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education,
Yola, Adamawa State.
Application Deadline: 21st September, 2020.
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.