Globacom Limited is Nigeria’s Second National Operator in GSM, Fixed, Broadband and Gateway with subsidiaries in Republic of Benin and Ghana. It’s subsidiary, Glo1 has launched 9,800 kilometers of Submarine Cable from Bude in the U.K to Lagos, Nigeria, with branches into 14 West African Countries like Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana etc. It is also gearing up to launch the commercial services of Glo1 submarine cable, which will revolutionize the data services in and out of all West African Countries to the rest of the world. Suitably qualified candidates are required for the following positions below.
Chief Technical Officer – GLO 1 (Ref: CTOG1) to be based in Nigeria
This position attracts internationally competitive remuneration packages.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive operational and managerial experience with at least 5 years at a Senior Managerial level in a Telecommunications, especially Submarine Cable Company.
- Experience in the development and operations of fibre-optic cable networks, including submarine.
- In-depth knowledge and application of relevant ITU-T technical specifications for SDH and DWDM transmission systems and IP specifications for IP/MPLS.
- Solid working experience in backbone transmission network operations high level and down to equipment level, both TDM and IP.
- Leading a team of Glo1 transmission engineers.
- Coordination with technical units responsible for territorial backbone and last mile connectivity locally and abroad.
- Ensuring SLA Compliance.
- Design of client end-to-end TDM and IP connectivity.
- Definition of installation, integration and acceptance testing requirements for equipment as well as end-to-end circuits.
- Definition of preventive and corrective maintenance procedures.
Click here to apply online for this Job