Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a healthcare company head quartered in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to hire the services of:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
- As the Chief Operating Officer, you are expected to oversee the entire business operations of the company.
- You shall provide leadership, strategy and innovation necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- The COO should have an ample understanding of the Heath insurance market in Nigeria and in-depth working knowledge in the operations of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
- The COO will be expected to direct, administer, and coordinate the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
- He/she will have overall leadership and management of the organisation services, support the objectives and goals of the company, as well as manage and report on the performance of various functional units within the organisation.
- Daily manage the daily activities of the company, thereby ensuring that operations, systems and processes are properly coordinated and implemented
- Initiate and oversee operational plans and initiatives to create cross-functional capabilities required across key areas including provider network, business operations, and sales and marketing
- Liaise with clients, providers, suppliers and regulatory authorities, and ensure that the company’s operational procedures, policies, and standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensure adequate systems and processes are maintained to measure and monitor the company’s effectiveness, efficiency and quality of its healthcare delivery
- Liaise with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Education: A degree in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA in Business will be preferred
- Experience: At least ten years of strong operational experience in Medical care provider company
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, business development, organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] kindly make the subject of the mail the “Job Title”.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.