HipCity Innovation Centre (HipCity Hub) is a research, development and advocacy organization with a mandate to strengthen citizen’s capacity on demanding accountable governance, as well as create platforms for citizens’ participation in democratic processes geared towards sustainable development. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Accounting Software operations and Reporting:
- Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software – EXCEL
- Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable descriptions.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Support in ensuring all documents are scanned and properly stored in HipCity database
- Maintain a record of vouchers borrowed by staff and ensure that they are returned and filed appropriately.
- Following up with project staff as regards the dashboard financial deadline requirements
- Print the monthly reports for signing and appropriate filing.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation.
- Undertake basic financial analysis (i.e., budget variance) to support project information needs.
- Working with the project team in the development of forecasts for projects.
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
- Ensure that the documentation for payment is acceptable and accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
- Approved payment requests should be processed within three days of receipt.
- Prepare the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
- Maintain cash books, including providing updates to Executive Director to prevent negative cash and bank balance.
- Prepare the withholding tax deductions report, and complete and submit monthly Statutory PAYE forms to relevant Government Organizations.
- University Degree in Accounting, Economics or Banking and Finance
- Minimum of 1year experience in accounting related to NGOs and community-level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with large complex organizations is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Finance Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023 (5:00PM).
- Application will be assess on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated.
- Only applicants that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.