Hugo is a Future-of-Work company. We build and manage remote teams in black communities for some of the world’s largest technology and media companies. We specialize in end-to-end machine learning data annotation and omnichannel support solutions that ultimately yield more inclusive outcomes for both black communities globally and our clients. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Finance Manager
- Hugo is seeking an experienced, highly-analytical Group Strategic Finance Manager.
- In this role, you’ll support our long term growth by providing our management team and investors with insights into the company’s financial performance.
- Your primary objective will be to ensure that the company is developing a scalable approach to budgeting, long-term cost planning and financial analytics capabilities.
- Design and oversee company-wide operational and management reporting;
- Build Hugo’s financial analytics capabilities (reports, metrics, dashboards, scorecards) to aid executive decision-making.
- Prepare monthly executive and board package.
- Work cross-functionally with all major C-Level executives to build and track departmental budgets.
- Work closely with the Operations team to forecast production headcount and expenses as our products grow in complexity and size.
- Establish and oversee a company-wide financial planning and budgeting process.
- Partner closely with the accounting team to ensure deep understanding of financials and deliver accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze expenses and monthly actuals to ensure accuracy and perform variance analyses to ensure financial performance of the business.
- Create and build models and in-depth analyses to:
- Quantify efficiency-related initiatives.
- Provide insights to key decision-makers in investment and operational strategies.
- Develop and deliver Working capital requirements based on budget.
- Provide insights based on customized applicable cost optimization models.
- Facilitate ad-hoc and cross-functional strategic and operational projects and execute on strategic projects independently and with Business leaders.
You Might Have:
- M.Sc Degree required, preferably in Finance and / or Accounting, Management, or a similar business-related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in an FP&A, investment banking, or consulting role.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to go deep into the details, then compile key information for business stakeholders.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify both financial and non-financial information to derive insights.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to establish relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in building processes from scratch.
- Advanced proficiency across a range of accounting software + ERP solutions
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Deep understanding of West African business context (accounting standards, general legal and tax compliance, best business practices, local business culture/customs).
- International experience is a must.
- Highly organized and well-structured: both in the way you think and communicate.
- A perfectionist at heart; you set a high bar for your work and lead others to do the same.
- Proactive, and able to thrive with little to no supervision.
- Numbers are your thing but “user-experience” is a thing too.
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa. Hugo provides clear value to both our clients and the people we employ; we are insulated from local currency fluctuations; and we are growing.
- Opportunity to apply corporate finance experience in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Opportunity to have a large-scale impact.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Group Strategic Finance Manager – Full Name” as the subject of the mail.