IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Support Senior Manager
Reports To: Director IT
- The IT Support Senior Manager will promote new uses of information technology within the organization through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- He will develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support the company’s growth.
- The role is responsible for controlling the IT Capex & Opex across all operations.
- Develop and implement an ICT strategy that ensures the company is prepared for changes in the nature of its business processes.
- Ensure that current and future organizational strategic plans are supported by the organization’s ICT strategy.
- Oversee the development and delivery of ICT products and services, in accordance with agreed service and performance standards as well as industry best practice.
- Managing all ICT software, hardware and processes for all ICT needs of the IHS
- Ensure that IT infrastructure (including communication systems such as phones), design and selection, supports the organization’s needs and develop/review procedures, policies and workflows accordingly.
- Manage and advice management about (safety of) data storage and all future Developments with regards to ICT.
- Control and manage capital expenditure and budgets, ensuring expenditure within the ICT function is appropriately managed.
- Manage the ICT team(s) and support them in providing best ICT services possible.
- Work closely together with our operational teams in order to understand their needs and provide them timely with the requested items/services.
- Assist the procurement team in buying process of new ICT systems, and whilst negotiating maintenance and support contracts for ICT systems, when needed.
- Maintain strong relationships with our (key) ICT suppliers and contractors.
- Set up clear ICT policies.
Requirements and Competencies
- Ability to work with no supervision and possess good supervisory skills
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Analytical mind, good judgment and interpersonal skills, honesty and high integrity
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Excellent team player and works well under pressure
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project etc)
- Practical experience with Oracle Database
- Knowledge of Operations
- Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadline
- Engineering or related degree
- A minimum 10 years of experience in the IT Industry with minimum 5 years of Managerial experience
Job Title: Regional Principal Technical Officer
Locations: Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Kano, Rivers
Reports To: GM Regional Operations
- The Principal Technical Officer will lead and manage all operational activities for IHS in the Region, providing very strategic leadership to the technology and associated support functions. The position will work closely with both direct and matrix leadership teams to ensure that financial and growth objectives for the region are met.
- The PTO will coordinate, organize and monitor the activities/work of the technical function to ensure that all site maintenance work and new site tower construction is carried out to required standards and within agreed budget levels.
- This role is responsible for developing and implementing the operations and technical strategy for the region to support achievement of the organization’s objective.
- Provides technical solutions and keeps the region abreast of all developments in the field of telecommunications equipment infrastructure
- Develops and implements appropriate stocking policy and procedures to ensure sufficient stock levels to service the capital expansion and the operational needs of the region are effectively met.
- Manages sub contractors to ensure that the capital expansion targets of the company are met
- Develops and ensures the implementation of the sites and technical operational budgets (including generators fuel, maintenance and repairs, electricity, security and other administration), and monitors the expenditures to achieve set targets.
- Ensures that maintenance and construction of telecom towers are within established specifications and standards, and in accordance and in compliance with the company’s and relevant health and safety requirements, and in compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Develops and ensures implementation of building/construction, maintenance and repair policies, procedures and standards and ensures that these are adhered to by staff, and third party contractors.
- Coordinates and ensures the installation of products and services at the towers to ensure that the company meets its contractual obligations to the customers’ complete satisfaction in the region.
- Provides expert technical advice to the procuring and commissioning of new tower and network electrical equipment to ensure effective decision making in the region.
- Maintain regular contact with sales, marketing and commercial functions of the company to ensure that there is continual feedback about the quality of products and services.
- Responds rapidly to technical issues and any customer (operator) complaints so that problems are speedily resolved to customers’ satisfaction.
- Maintains a high awareness of technical developments in the mobile, telecom/tower business industry to ensure the company maintains its competitive edge.
- In conjunction with sales and marketing, arrange visits for customers and prospective customers to tower sites to develop and maintain their interest in company products and services..
- Consolidates and prepares a variety of routine and special reports on technical related activities including monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the region.
- Ensures the region achieves agreed, cost and revenue targets for both capital and operational expenditure.
- Provides financial, administrative and operating information (and such other information from time to time as may be required by direct report and colleagues.
- Participates in the preparation of annual budgets for the region
- Establishing and developing relationships with key customers.
- Plays a major role in the training, development and growth of technical operation staff through communication skills and delegation, assuring tasks or projects are completed as desired and on time
Requirements and Competencies
- At least 8 years senior Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and management experience with a technical bias gained within the telecommunications industry.
- Conversant with the statutory regulations and thorough knowledge of the technical processes involved in building, construction and maintenance of towers.
- Training and Experience in management of people and projects in a fast paced technical environment.
- Proven track record of managing a team of project managers and telecom engineers.
- Experience within high-growth start-up telecom/mobile operations, ideally gained within Africa.
- Contract management and service level agreements.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of managing technical activities at both corporate and regional (field) operations.
- Extensive experience in solving technical problems and working in a matrix organization.
- Project management experience and ability to ensure project delivery on a considerable and demanding launch schedule and delivery across a range of demanding and unrelated projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable team leader with a good understanding and proven background in supporting a multi-customer mobile network operation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across functions with confidence and authority.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to management peers and employees.
- B.Sc. Engineering (Electrical/Telecommunications preferred).
- 15 years hands on experience in Telecommunications or IT Industry.
- 8 years in a senior management role
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.