Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Manager
Job ID: R071409
Location: Ikorodu Road, Lagos
Role Description :
- Understand what the client’s overall goals and objectives are and the role that different departments/individuals are playing in achieving these
- Use on-site time to engage with your clients, develop relationships, seek revenue and as a profile raising opportunity
- Manage the practical, day-to-day management of the delivery of the contracted service with respect to the quality, speed and volume of data along with the servicing they are entitled to
- Be aware of workload and potential capacity constraints, keep lines of communication open with both client & management and communicate upwards
- Implement client best practice, ways of working and role model behaviours to junior team members
- Maintain existing, and develop new, relationships with clients, seeking to extend your network of valuable contacts beyond the Insight team
- Seek constructive resolutions in difficult circumstances
- Work positively towards developing a trusting business adviser relationship.
- Demonstrate real curiosity and a willingness to go the extra mile in dealings with your clients
- Where appropriate take responsibility for account administration, providing relevant information to accounts and delivery service departments
- Be responsible for identifying revenue opportunities and contributing to overall revenue target
- Contribute to account planning, offering ideas for development
- Be aware of contractual obligations and manage any potential conflicts in good time
- Anticipate client demands and proactively find solutions, rather than just answering requests
- Communicate effectively with senior management ensuring that they are kept up-to-date with client issues and developments
- Submit (or advise on) monthly revenue forecasts whilst maintaining and building a pipeline of proposals
- Manage appropriate inductions and training programmes with clients
- Interpret and manage account plans, helping to move the focus from analysis to Development.
- Keep the client up-to-date with our service developments
- Create and share best practices and efficient ways of working with other team members
- Assume responsibility for checking and reviewing any regular reports that are sent out to your client contacts to ensure their accuracy and relevance
- Take responsibility for advising on solutions to problems in reports and the reporting process
- Implement changes to regular reports in line with delivery strategy
- Confidently use the more advanced capabilities within Powerview such as level groups, distributions etc
- Attend on-site days and de-brief key contacts on any requests/smaller project briefs that you have completed.
Analysis and Insight:
- Full knowledge of basic and advanced Powerview analysis
- Develop a good knowledge of category and brand awareness, and utilise in identifying and explaining key influences on market performance
- Take briefs from clients, and manage the production of appropriate materials/presentations/written documentation in response to the brief
- Demonstrate insight to clients by highlighting implications to their business and offering actionable recommendations
- Deliver presentations with recommendations that actively seek to meet the objectives of the client’s brief
- Involve senior and specialist support where appropriate in presentations/projects
- Identify and positively seek out opportunities for additional revenue/analyses (according to account structure)
- Be able to advise on the relevance of expert services
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver insightful work to the client Team, People & Self Development .
Team, People & Self Development:
- Take part in your own performance management using the online appraisal system
- Take responsibility for workload management and provide assistance to your line manager in setting work priorities for junior team members where appropriate
- Assist in coaching junior team members – sharing knowledge, encouraging a culture of learning and positive development
- Discuss your personal development with your line manager and be responsible for ensuring that you complete and implement your PDP – which should include stretch and development objectives
- Attend relevant training, seeking out opportunities to develop further and grow your knowledge about our industry, clients and capabilities.
- 5 years relevant market research experience in a research agency, client company, or management or marketing consultancy.
- Demonstrate evidence of developing leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- Communicate effectively as well as demonstrate active listening whilst developing appropriate influencing skills
- Manage all stages of projects from brief to presentation
- Be flexible, tactful, friendly and sensitive to others, displaying good social and communication skills
- Take ownership of your self-development in completing and implementing your own PDP, highlighting areas where further development is required. Share PDP with line manager to engage their support where relevant
- Sell in new methods, and processes and seek revenue-generating opportunities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online