KPMG Nigeria – Our client is an engineering and construction services company involved in dredging, marine engineering and land reclamation services. The company seeks to create value within the sector by attaining set goals and creating an enduring legacy.
In line with the Company’s desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the Company seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant – Dredging Company
Ref #: DIIN 02
Detailed Job Description
- The role will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of the company’s financial resources and ensure that all the goals and objectives set by Head of Accounts for the business is achieved.
- He/she will act as a strategic partner to the Head of Accounts and ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications/ competences amongst others:
- First degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Professional accounting / finance certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CFA
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification accounting experience in a reputable company.
- Experience with financial accounting statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX is an added advantage
- Hands on experience in integrated financial and risk management systems e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Nigerian Tax law
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate and build consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics
Application Closing Date