Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the Lafarge Holcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Manager
Requisition ID: 2236
Location: Ashaka Plant, Gombe
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- The position is responsible for safety/production clothing, explosives, grinding media, refractory bricks, oils & greases, other production supplies, mechanical spares, mobile plant spares, electrical spares, instrumentation/automation spares, generators spares, petrol and diesel, laboratory supplies and general services supplies.
- Responsible for general coordination and supervision of stores administration and inventory management.
- Supervision of stock receipts, transfers, issues, returns and general stores accounting.
- Responsible for managing the inventory and ensure optimum stock levels are maintained.
- Ensures relevant spares and materials are stocked.
- To provide reporting about the stores to Management on a monthly basis.
- Motivates stores staff.
- Responsible for good health and safety of staff and properties under his supervision.
- Identify training needs for surbordinates.
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant
- Responsible for company’s procedure related to stock material management.
- Receive and confirm for approval the purchase requisition for stock items.
- Ensures the removal of obsolete items as determined by the users.
- Monitors stock
- Maintains stock items in good and appropriate condition
- Contributes in optimisation of Working Capital Requirement (WCR) by optimising stock holding and cost of storage.
- Ensures the compliance to Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Ensures compliance to Quality Management System
- Plant Management:
- To relay management information and seek approval of documents.
- Stores Supervisors:
- To receive documents covering all physical movements.
- To prepare and participate in operational stock count.
- To solve abnormalities (stock gaps, new codification, shelves & racks addressing etc)
- Users (Production, Maintenance, Quality Control, etc.):
- To receive purchase request and follow up for approval
- To receive issue request and follow up the issuance.
- To receive inquiries about outstanding orders and provide solutions.
- Finance Department
- To send documents with proper information to update the accounting books of the company.
- To participate in financial stock taking participate in tackling variations.
- CPU (Central Purchasing Unit):
- To ensure that purchase requisition are promptly processed to purchase order.
- To receive copies of PO for follow-ups.
- To inform about the quality of suppliers for appraisal purposes.
- For prompt stock replenishment and contact in case of delivery delay.
- To receive supplies and attend to suppliers inquiries.
- To follow-up the delivery and complain of any delay in delivery.
- External auditors/Internal auditors:
- To facilitate and participate in both internal and external audits.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Must support a project of re-organization
- Must implement to the fullest, computerized system (JD Edwards).
- Must include on his stores system an important quantity of new items for new line & Packing Plant.
- Must ensure that offshore items delivered in containers are offloaded.
- Must ensure safety and security of materials inside the Warehouses.
- Constraints as result of space limitation.
- With Supplier/Contractors:
- Constraints as a result of deviations from delivery dates.
- Constraints as a result of problems associated with quality, qantity, delay and price.
- With Users:
- Incomplete and inconsistent item description.
- Information Technology :
- Delay associated with providing uninterrupted Network Systems incorporating inventory packages.
- Elimination of stock variances
- Ensure adequate security and general cleanliness of the stores
- To obtain the required goods (materials, spare parts etc) and services in the best conditions of overall cost, operational efficiency and effectiveness
- To put at the disposal of the users purchased goods and services in optimum level of quality/cost and at the date required by the users.
- To ensure that as much as possible no direct purchases.
- Must have a technical Degree/Diploma (In Engineering), plus a Master’s in Business Administration.
- Professional Qualification (e.g. CIPSMN) is a major advantage
- Familiar with engineering items, production items and general items.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of microsoft office professional.
- Posses good analytical and reporting skills.
- Stock and supplying (handling) management.
- Good knowledge about Health & Hazards storage rules & regulations
- Stock management techniques e.g. calculation of stock levels
- Techniques of stacking spare parts in proper conditions.
- Computerised systems (especially JD Edwards or similar).
- Knowledge of basic statistics (random sampling analysis, statistical laws as normal).
- Notions of negotiation skills.
- Receiving and controlling techniques.
- Notions of environmental protection.
- Knowledge of industrial accounting and cost analysis.
- Good knowledge of local markets (for local small purchases).
- Techniques of appraisal of suppliers in order to provide purchasing department with information (reception, conditions, quality of items, etc.).
- Knowledge of technical spares (mechanical, electrical and instrumentation especially for cement plants).
- Notions of cement process and main equipment.
- Knowledge of units of measurements.
Organizational & Managerial Competencies
- Be self-motivated with high energy level.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good relationship between the company and various suppliers/contractors.
- Posses strong initiative, drive and creativity.
- Must be able to work with and lead a team.
- Must be able to direct and control surbordinates towards achieving company objectives.
- Posses very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Logical and open minded.
- Oral & written Communication
- Preservation of Company interests
- Supervising skills
- Work Planning – Time management and efficiency.
- Respect of dead lines.
- Leadership – Motivation of subordinates.
Interested and qualified candidates should: