The Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM) was established in 1999 to train medical and allied professionals. The College started with training of medical students leading to the award of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB;BS) Degree and expanded to other programmes such as Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN.Sc), Bachelor of Science, Physiology (B.Sc. Physiology)and postgraduate programmes in Physiology, Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry and Public Health.
Consequently, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the academic position below:
Job Title: Lecturer II – CONUASS 03
Faculty: Basic Medical Sciences
Departments: Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Pharmacology Therapeutics and Toxicology, Physiology, Nursing,
- Candidates MUST possess an MBBS and Master’s Degree/Ph.D in relevant field with evidence of considerable teaching and research potential/experience
- Scholarly publications in reputable journals will enhance the prospects of the Candidates.
Job Title: Associate Professor – CONUASS 06
Departments: Chemical Pathology, Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Child Dental Health, Anaesthesia, Surgery, Nursing
Specializations: Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- Candidates for the position of an Associate Professor MUST demonstrate clear evidence of scholarship through considerable academic publications in the area of specialty and as well
- Have at least Seven (7) years Post-Doctoral/ Post-Fellowship qualification experience in Teaching/Research in a University.
- Candidates MUST also have demonstrable capacity to participate in inter/multi-disciplinary research, ability to provide academic leadership, in addition to reasonable administrative experience.
Job Title: Deputy Director, Internal Audit – CONUNASS 14
- Candidates must possess good Honours Degree/HND in Accounting from a recognized Institution plus Fourteen (14) years relevant post-qualification experience plus final certificate of ICAN /ACA/ACCAIACMA with Six (6) years post certificate experience.
- The possession of relevant Master Degree is compulsory.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor I – CONUNASS 08
- Candidates must possess good Honours Degree not below Second Class Lower Division (2.2) in Quantity Surveying from a recognized University which must be registerable with relevant professional body, plus Computer/AutoCAD knowledge with Three (3) years relevant post qualification experience OR holders of good Honours Degree not below Second Class Lower Division (2.2) plus Quantity Surveying Master’s Degree from a recognized University (registrable with appropriate professional body) with Computer/AutoCAD knowledge plus NYSC Certificate.
Job Title: Deputy Director, Works & Physical Planning – CONUNASS 14
- Candidates must possess good Honours Degree in Engineering/Town Planning, Quantity Surveying/Architecture/Building or Building Technology with Fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience. The possession of relevant Master Degree is compulsory.
- Holder of HND in Engineering with eighteen (18) years post qualification experience plus a Master Degree in related field can also apply.
- Candidate must be a registered member of appropriate professional body with sound knowledge of AutoCAD.
Job Title: Professor (Human Gross Anatomy) – CONUASS 07
Departments: Anatomy, Nursing
- Candidates for the position of a Professor MUST demonstrate clear evidence of scholarship through considerable academic publications in the area of specialty and as well
- Have at least Ten years (10) Post-Doctoral Qualification/Fellowship (National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, West African Postgraduate Medical College and other equivalent Fellowship/Qualification as applicable to the area of specialization) experience
- In addition to qualification and experience in Teaching/Research in a University, Candidates MUST also have demonstrable capacity to participate in inter/multi-disciplinary research, ability to provide academic leadership and reasonable administrative experience.
Job Title: Director, Health Services – CONUNASS 15
- Candidates must be a holder of Fellowship in Public Health recognized by MDCN and registered Medical Practitioner with at least Fifteen (15) years post MBBS qualification experience.
Job Title: Lecturer I – CONUASS 04
Departments: Anaesthesia, Behavioural Medicine, Community Health and Primary Health Care, Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Anatomy, Chemical Pathology, Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Pathology and Forensic Medicine, Haematology and Blood Transfusion, Paediatrics and Child Health, Radiology and Radiotherapy, Surgery, Nursing
Specializations: Psychiatrist, Rheumatology, Respiratory, Dermatology, Renal and Cardiologist, Nephrology, Endocrinology Infections diseases, Radiotherapy and Radiodiagnosis, Cardiothoracic, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology Burns and Plastic,
- Candidates for this position Must possess good Honours Degree in area of specialty with a higher Degree such as a Doctorate or where applicable, holders of MBBS with Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, West African Postgraduate Medical College and other equivalent Fellowship/Qualification.
- Candidates Must have reasonable scholarly publications.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their detailed Applications which should include photocopies of Credentials (O’ Level Result Inclusive) and signed Curriculum Vitae to be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full with Surname first (Boldly Written)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic/Professional QUALIFICATION (with Dates and Institutions)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present position
- Current Research
- List of Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name, Address and Telephone Numbers of Three (3) Referees
- Telephone and E-mail Address (SELF)
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
Candidates should please include Three (3) self-addressed envelopes with Fifty Naira Only (N50:00) stamp on each. All Applications with Credentials should be addressed to:
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
P. M. B. 0001,
Lagos State University Post Office, Ojo.
Submitted with supporting documents to:
The College Secretary,
Lagos State University College of Medicine,
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2018.